"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jan 21, 2012

Maddy’s 3rd Basketball Game

 

Okay so I didn’t do so well on the picture taking department at the game today. I was so into this game I could not even focus on taking a picture. It was intense and my body hurt when I got up to walk out because I was so tensed up through the whole game. A game for an 8 year old should not have to be this way, well it was!! The team they played was so overly aggressive and mean I could not stand it. I could not believe that a coach would teach them to play that way when they are only 8. I have to say Maddy’s team did a wonderful job and they are the best sports about playing ball. Maddy made two baskets and she was so excited!! That bright pink cast just might be good luck for her. I love to watch her play, it is so much fun for me. I can’t wait until next weeks game. These girls have the best coaches ever, they are so lucky!! Does it really have to be about winning? Why can’t it just be about having fun at this age :) I know Maddy is having fun so I am so happy about that!!DSC_8446DSC_8449

DSC_8447

2 comments:

Pitcherfam4 said...

Maddy has really grown since I last seen her. I wish I could watch her play. I always loved playing B-Ball myself.

Kate said...

love the cast! Poor girls and what a rotten coach to teach girls to play like that