"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Feb 6, 2011

Salt Lake City Arena Moto Cross

We made a trip to Utah this weekend where the weather was 45 degrees…that was so warm compared to our nasty cold weather we have been having. Josh and the girls rode in a motorbike race, and me and Kenna and Jaxon watched! It was really a very fun weekend, so nice to get away. They all did wonderful and finished with no big accidents so that was great. My girls can’t wait for the next one! This was a little different for them because it had one big hill…and usually they just go over little hills. So on the practice run Maddy went but Kynzee said no way…then after watching Maddy do it Kynzee decided it would be okay and she did it! I was so proud of her, they both were very brave and had lots of fun. It is amazing to me how these girls can dance one weekend and be so soft and graceful and then the next weekend they’re on a bike riding tuff!!

   Josh Racing (2nd from the left)DSC_0218DSC_0221DSC_0223DSC_0229-2 DSC_0229DSC_0237DSC_0230      DSC_0239                        

Maddy Racing  (1st on the left)                     DSC_0146-2DSC_0148 DSC_0147  DSC_0151DSC_0149 DSC_0153Look at Maddy on top of that big hill!!

DSC_0154-2    DSC_0158-2        Kynzee Racing (3rd from the left)DSC_0168-2DSC_0170 DSC_0171   DSC_0184DSC_0174 DSC_0175I am not going to lie my little Kynzee was scared every time she had to go up this big hill but she did awesome!     DSC_0181   My little motorbike racers with their DaddyDSC_0243DSC_0211

My girls watching the races from the gate, they loved it!

DSC_0166DSC_0201DSC_0162DSC_0208DSC_0157DSC_0161DSC_0209My little guy watching the races from his carseat! He was not to thrilled when we first got there but, but as long as we kept him busy he was fine. His little head would move back and forth really fast trying to keep up with the riders. I put my gloves on him and they kept him entertained for a little while, it was fun to watch him with them!! He is such a good boy!

DSC_0192DSC_0213

Josh’s sister Jessica was in Utah for the weekend so her and her boyfriend met up with us at the races, they were a big help, and the kids had fun with them.

DSC_0195

My little family

DSC_0199DSC_0197

And we can’t forget swimming in the hotel at midnight!! That was fun for the kids, and they deserved it after riding those motorbikes so good!!DSC_0279

DSC_0251

DSC_0256

DSC_0268

And here we have tired grouchy Kenna! Kynzee picked her up out of this chair and threw her in the pool.

DSC_0259DSC_0262

And she ended up having tons of fun!!

DSC_0267

Fun, Fun weekend, I am ready to go again!!

6 comments:

Colter, Shantel & Family said...

How fun!! It is so cute, like you said, they can be dancers one weekend and tuff the next:) Cute pictures!

Lynn said...

I can't tell ya' how impressed I am with your girls. They are certainly being raised so well rounded! Love it!

Jeff and Lacy said...

Looks like so much fun. We'll have to meet up one weekend, that way my husband can race and I'll have someone to keep me company!

Chris and Monika said...

Looks like you had tons of fun!! Love the pictures. They are so cute!

Kate said...

Love it:) Let us know when the next one we would love to go:)

Judy said...

Wow those little girls are animals!!!! So dang cute. Such an amazing little family! Love you all