"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Feb 15, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

We had a wonderful Valentines Day full of all kinds of fun things. Josh’s Mom made the girls these adorable Valentines skirts that the girls absolutely love. So I had to take some quick pictures of them in their cute skirts. The flower man came first thing in the morning and brought two different bouquets of flowers for me. I was thinking he had made a mistake, but nope they were both for me. I want to explain the yellow ones so I never forget. On our way home from Utah a couple weeks ago the kids were watching “Enchanted” in the car and that song “How do you know that he loves you” came on. Well we were singing to it and it is just the cutest song. Well when the song was over Josh said “I have done all those things that they say to do to show you that I love you”. Well I very quickly said no you haven’t you have never sent me yellow flowers. And he gave me a funny look and said “huh”. Well now he can say he has!! They are beautiful! So then after the flowers came Josh went to school lunch with Maddy, Kynzee, and Kenna and they all thought that was just great!! Kynzee is still talking about how Dad took them to lunch. Then I helped with Maddy’s Valentines Day party in her class which was so exciting! I decided at the first of the year I would sign up for one party for each girl and it has been fun to do that. I did Kynzee’s Christmas party so it was Maddy’s turn. Anyway that turned out to be a lot of fun and Maddy loved having me there. After school Josh took us to town and let the kids pick out something fun for Valentines day, they thought that was so fun!! Then we got a babysitter and the two of us went to the Sandpiper for dinner and it was fabulous! What a wonderful Valentines Day!

DSC_0418 DSC_0457DSC_0322DSC_0420   DSC_0428DSC_0336  DSC_0466DSC_0335  DSC_0475 DSC_0476

2 comments:

Judy said...

I love the skirts and "Go Josh!!!!" Did he send them both to you. That is so nice. All I got was one stressed out hubby!

Kate said...

Natty i am so glad you had a good day:) You so deserve it:)