"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Feb 21, 2011

Goodnight Little People

Do you ever tuck those little people of yours in at night and wonder where the day went? Or do you just sit and stare at them with a prayer in your heart that they will be watched over while they are sleeping? Some nights I have major anxiety about putting my kids to sleep, I am always worried about them. I took pictures of them all snuggled in when I tucked them in and they are just so sweet. I have a bedtime ritual with each of them and they all like something different. Jaxon has to have his special blanket by his face with his bottle in one hand and his binky in the other or the other way around. He is such a snuggle bug and I could just cuddle with him all night, I hate putting him to bed. Kenna loves a story usually the same one, her favorite Dora one! Then she has to have a rice bag warmed up on her feet, with her special blanket by her face. And when I start walking out of her room she will say don’t let the bed bugs bite Mom! I love it!  Kynzee is super easy going and just needs her special blanket and a drink of water. Maddy needs her blanket laid over her pillow and she needs a kiss and she has to give me a kiss and she has to say goodnight and I love you over and over again until I am up the stairs and can’t hear her anymore. There is lots more that we do each night, but these are just some special little things I don’t want to forget. I love these little people of mine and I hope and pray every day that I am a good enough Mom to them, that I am doing all that I can do for them. I know that most days my house is a mess and I don’t always get to have my hair or makeup done, I never get to sit down and read a book or paint my nails etc. etc there is just little time for me. But I have always thought that at the end of the day if my kids are happy then I succeeded no matter what me or my house looks like. I try my best and that’s all that I can do, some days I feel like I am wearing very thin just giving my best, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! I really hope that I am dividing my time equally and giving them the important things that Heavenly Father would want me to give them. I hope I am teaching them the most important things so they will have a good foundation when they leave my arms someday. I know these little Angels left a Heavenly Father and came to me and their Daddy and he trusted us with them. I know he said to them before they left to remember him and to never forget who they are. I hope we are doing a good job so they will never forget where they came from and who they are. Goodnight sweet angels and I can’t wait to have another day with you tomorrow.

DSC_0690DSC_0700

DSC_0716   DSC_0713DSC_0710

2 comments:

Kate said...

Your such a great mom! Your kids have the best mom:)

Judy said...

That is so cute. You are the best mom ever. You love your kids so much. I am so proud of you. You make me smile! :]