"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jan 31, 2011

So Exciting!!!

Look what my Husband gave me for my birthday!! I have been wanting to do this for so long and never have, I always talk about it but never do it. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself! This has got to be the coolest book ever. My first blog book is the year 2008 when I started blogging, and it has 247 pages. I am pretty sure the other years will be bigger because I was just getting the hang of the whole blogging thing in 2008. I just absolutely love this book and so do my kids, it is so fun to look back on and read all the fun things I kept track of that I never would have wrote down if I didn’t have a blog. I would recommend all you bloggers out there to do this if you haven’t yet. I know these are not good pictures at all and they don’t do justice for how beautiful this book is but here it is! The best birthday present ever! Yeah for blogging I love it!!!! If you haven’t noticed this cool quote at the top of my blog…this is what got me started with blogging I love this!

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." — Gordon B. Hinckley

DSC_0126 - Copy DSC_0140 DSC_0131 - Copy DSC_0132-2 - Copy DSC_0133 - Copy DSC_0135-2 - Copy DSC_0136

6 comments:

Colter, Shantel & Family said...

I love reading all of your updates!! I love the blog book. And I can't believe Jaxon is walking:) It looks like you had a good Birthday...and you deserve it!

Lynn said...

That is AWESOME! I can't wait to see my 2008 in print as well. That too was my first year for blogging. I'm glad we met through blog land. So fun! I love that quote you posted.

Holly said...

How FUN!!! I can't wait to do this too! I even want to put my recipe blog into a book like that!

I think we are all ready for Spring! This cold weather is the worst!!

Your birthday looked perfect. ;) You are just darling Natalie!

Camille said...

I have been wanting to do that too! I started in 2006, so I'm really going to be paying an arm and a leg when I finally get to it! But it's true for me, too. I don't journal very well, so it's a good thing I have a blog!

Peterson Family said...

Shalyce does them every year. They are so nice and don't take up hardly any space. And look how much money is saved by not buying scrapbooking stuff and having to print them all. The book is perfect. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

We love our blog books too! I just do it every year and cherish them so much!!