"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jan 30, 2011

Happy 29th Birthday to Me!!

Wow I am feeling old now, my last year in my twenties and I am going to make it a good one! My birthdays use to be this big celebration when I lived at home and then I got married and it sometimes just feels like another day. Well I decided from now on even if I have to do it myself I will have a celebration, I will have a cake and I will blow out the candles because that is what I always loved to do. So this year I spent the day with these sweet little people while my other two were at school. Kenna sang to me on her little stool and Jaxon tried his best to help, I loved it! DSC_0035DSC_0036DSC_0040

I got these beautiful roses from my sweet husband, they smell wonderful!

DSC_0121

DSC_0118

   I insisted on a picture of me with my kids and this is what I got. People always tell me that I get the best pictures of my kids and how do I get them to hold still for pictures etc etc. Well I am telling you what…it is not easy to take their picture and here is poof. We told Kenna to put her chin down and she started crying and then Jaxon started crying and that was the end! But hey it is a picture of me with my kids and that is what I wanted!DSC_0051DSC_0059 Then I got this cute picture with my boy and his Mommy’s Little Man shirt that I love!DSC_0069

I told you I would make my own cake and I did and it was yummy and I blew out the candles with some help, and my kids loved it!!

DSC_0083 DSC_0078  DSC_0080

I loved my little audience I had, they were so excited for me to have a cake this year!! I did it for them, Maddy asked me all day the day before if I was going to have a party and what kind of party it was going to be, and what kind of cake I was going to have so I couldn’t disappoint her!

DSC_0085

Then my sweet Mom came over and ate some of my cake and it meant so much to me. She started laughing when I got my camera out to take her picture eating cake! She also brought me dinner, Josh had to work nights, the kids were in bed and it was just me and Mom and it was so much fun. This is my Mom the one who gave life to me, the one who literally almost died having me, a posterior baby that was stuck and would not come out. They told my Mom I had stopped breathing and that I would be handicapped because I went so long without oxygen…well I am not!! My brothers tease me about that all the time! I have a new appreciation for my Mom and for birthdays now that I have had four children of my own. I know what it takes to get babies here and how hard it is and what a special day their birthdays are and it is no wonder my Mom always made ours so special. Love you Mom!

DSC_0086

I know this isn’t the best picture but me and Mom were trying to take a picture of ourselves and after tons of trying we finally decided it was late and we just had a long day and didn’t look the greatest but I loved getting a picture of me and Mom together. DSC_0089

    

I had a wonderful birthday. Maddy wrote a special birthday song for me and sang it to me and it was just sweet, I got it on video and it will be a treasure forever. My Aunt Judy surprised me and came over with a really fun cupcake cookbook that I am going to love using and two cocoa Bean cupcakes (my favorite)! I love Aunt Judy she has always been so good to me. My friend Kacey came to see me and brought me a fun jewelry organizer that I will love because I loved organizing everything!! She knows me too well!! Josh’s sister and her boyfriend also came over, brought a movie and ended the night with me! Then I got to go to dinner the next night with my family and that is always fun for me. It was really a wonderful and very happy birthday!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Looks like you had a great day!!!!! You are the best!

Lynn said...

I just LOVE your family. What a cool birthday. Seriously. Parties are so over rated. This way you had one special thing after another drawn out over the whole day. How sweet is that. I LOVE that picture of your mom and you. What a sweet story of your birth. Wow. Amazing. And I nearly died laughing over your commentary with the picture of the kids. HA ha. So funny. But SO real. Oh the life of a mom.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!