"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jan 25, 2010

The Nutcracker Ballet

I am so late at posting these pictures, but since I am making my blog into a book I didn't want to forget them. The night before I had Jaxon my girls and my niece Jani had a ballet performance in the nutcracker. My girls have been taking dance from my sister in law Janell but this year we decided to give them a little extra and put them in a separate ballet class. So every Monday I had been taking them across town to ballet. They absolutely loved it!!! They especially loved having their cousin dance with them, it was fun for all of us. It took me almost thirty minutes to get them there and just the drive there and back was so much fun to get to know my little niece a little better and listen to all the girls giggle in the back seat of the car. I was looking forward to watching them perform so much. Well when it came right down to the day my Dr. wanted to do the c-section three days before they were performing, I was so upset. I was bound and determined to be there even if it meant getting out of the hospital the day of the nutcracker. Well thanks to my Dr. he decided to let me wait a few more days and do my c-section on the Saturday morning after the performance. I was scared to wait any longer in fear that my old incision would rupture, but it didn't, and I made it to their special night. They kept asking me if I was going to be there and I told them yes I would be there so I knew I had to make it work. I was so glad, it was a perfect week I spent with the girls at rehearsals and then the night of the nutcracker!!! It is always emotional going in to have a baby and leaving your little ones at home so I was glad I got to spend so much time with them before I had the baby. And it was such a busy week it was nice to have my mind on something else besides being scared to death to have another c-section!! They wont let you take pictures during the show so these are the only ones I got, the girls did so good and they were so cute on stage. They were mice and then princesses, so fun to watch. I just love those girls so much.





1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh they are SO sweet! What an opportunity for them AND for YOU! This certainly takes me back to my dance days at that age. ; )