"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jan 22, 2010

Jaxon's Blessing Day

It seems like it takes forever to get babies here and then when they get here they grow so fast, it just doesn't seem very fair.

We blessed our sweet baby Jaxon on Sunday the 17th, it was a special day for a special baby.

I have had a really bad infection in my incision and was put on antibiotics to get rid of it. I am nursing Jaxon, so the poor little guy has been getting the antibiotic as well and lets just say it is a nasty one. It made me sick and him sick and it just so happened to fall on his blessing day. He was very fussy most of the day and spit up all over everyone, I think I changed him at least 5 times that day!! But we survived and it turned out to be a nice day.

I have always been big on dressing my babies in pure white on their blessing day because I feel like it is such a special day and they are so clean and pure I love them in all white. There are only three special days in our lives that we wear white..our blessing day, baptism day, and sealing day. My girls wore white to celebrate that special day with him. Every time I have a baby I have a picture taken of all my little angels in white and those pictures are some of my most treasured possessions in my home. I had two blessing outfits for Jaxon my Grandma Fullmer made him one, a special knitted one that she makes for all the grandsons. He looked so handsome in both of them! We had everyone over for cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate and it was so fun to share my baby boys special day with everyone. I didn't get pictures of everyone who was there with us but here are some of the pictures from his special day.



My handsome sleeping man


Big blue eyed baby boy
Great Grandma Fullmer made this blessing outfit

So glad I had a hat, it was a cold snowy day
So Handsome!!
All of my angels in white

Mommy and Jaxon
Daddy and Jaxon
Pa Pa Fullmer and Jaxon

Great Great Uncle Dell and Aunt Doris Smellie
Aunt Janell Fullmer

Uncle Jesse and Aunt Jessica Fullmer
Aunt Katie Fullmer and soon to be Uncle Rodger
Great Great Grandma Williams


Grandpa and Grandma Williams and cousin Lydia Williams

Pa Pa and Grandma Teresa


Daddy and Jaxon sleeping after a long day

We love you baby Jaxon!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

He looked so cute on his blessing day. How nice to have to much family there to support you!

Elena said...

Natalie, he seriously is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! I just want to eat him up!!

Lynn said...

I totally agree with Elena! Thank you for sharing your special day with those of us who couldn't be there. ; D

I am like you. All my babies wore white on their blessing day. And I think that we had the same idea for our boys too. That sleeper Jaxon is wearing looks just like the one I had Corey in.

Jaxon is SO loved! I loved seeing all the family and relatives he had to hold him that day. So precious.

Especially that last photo. : D

Take care of yourself Natalie! Hope the infection gets better really soon.