"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Nov 17, 2009

Staying busy!!

It seems like time is flying right before my eyes!! I hate that feeling!! I still have this sweet baby boy in my belly and I have been so blessed. I will miss him moving around and his daily hiccups he gets, I love that feeling. I was so scared there for awhile because I was told he was coming early and every day that I kept him in me I was grateful for. When they took me off the medication that was stopping the contractions I knew it would be soon and now here I am and still no baby. I know the Lord is buying me some time to get myself together before I have him. I am so scared to have him, I don't want another c-section, I don't want to have all the problems I had last time, it is my biggest fear. I know I have got to be calm and have a good feeling about this before I go in there to have him. I am trying hard to get to that point but it's just not working so well. I am running out of time, I wish there was a way to turn the switch off to bad memories. In the mean time the girls and I have tried to stay busy and out of trouble.

I have many things crossed off my to do list including......my Christmas shopping and wrapping....yeah!!!!!! I am so proud of myself, now I can enjoy my December and my new baby without worrying about all the things I have to do.


The girls are always playing dress up......so fun to watch them pretend and play together! I just love these girls they have been my biggest helpers the last few months.



Since before we even new that the baby was a boy Kenna called him "Jackin Boy" so my Dad "Grandpa" made a joke the other day about when "Jackin box" was going to come out. Well this is what they were doing....and then they would run over to my belly and say when are you going to come out "Jackin Boy"?





O my sweet little two year old what would I do without the excitement that she causes around here. She can be so quiet and get herself into the biggest messes. These pictures don't even do justice for the mess I found in my bathroom, but you get the idea. What was her Mommy thinking..why wasn't the nail polish up high...serious!!!!















So a funny story for you, and me so I don't forget. I got a phone call from Maddy's school teacher and my heart just sunk I was thinking O no what did she do? Well it wasn't that she had done anything. Maddy had told her teacher that her Dad was an Indian and lived in the mountains and raised turkeys and he was going to bring a turkey to school last week. Well her teacher thought it was a story and didn't really think anything more of it. Well Maddy kept up with her story and again this week said he is going to bring one of his turkeys I promise. She told her teacher that he lives in the mountains and is only home a couple days a week so he will bring it when he gets home. So then her teacher thought well if he really is going to bring a turkey she needs to know so they can plan for it. So she called me. I laughed so hard at this story!!! First of all because Maddy can be a story teller, but this story was real in some sort of way.


1. Her Dad tells the girls all the time that he use to live with the Indians in the mountains when he was a boy. (He said that his Dad use to tell him this and he thought it was so cool that his Dad was an Indian and he believed him, so he started telling his girls the same thing) And...Maddy has always believed him!!


2. He use to go live in the mountains for days at a time when he was younger and watch cows for his Dad.


3. He works in Bear Lake and is gone for days at time so he is rarely home.


4. He goes hunting in the mountains.


5. He has brought a turkey to Maddy's preschool two years in a row for Thanksgiving and it's not because he raises turkeys, his dad "Pa Pa Willy" has turkeys on his farm.


6. And in Maddy's own words "He is an Indian Mom, his skin in dark like an Indian!!!"



Let's just say all of these things mixed together made a great story for her teacher and gave us all a good laugh. And it didn't matter how hard I tried to tell Maddy that her Dad was not an Indian and didn't live in the mountains she was insistent on it and will not think anything different. So because of her Daddy's story telling he now gets to bring another turkey to school this year and probably will for the next 18 years because he is an Indian, lives in the mountains, and raises turkeys, he got himself into this mess not me!!!

9 comments:

Judy said...

That is the cutest story. I love Maddy! I can't believe you are hanging in there. Just make sure you call me!!!!!! I put the pics of Derek on my blog......leave a message for stacy! Things are going great for them!!!!!!

Amber said...

Maddy is so funny! That is a cute story. I can't believe you have your shopping done and wrapped. But that will make December better for you!

Sue Ann said...

So funny!!! glad you and that little boy are doing ok! We will continue to pray for you both!

Lynn said...

LOL!!! I am SO glad you recorded that story about Maddy. That will be So fun to pass that story down to her kids. So cute!

Can't wait to "meet" little "Jackin Boy". I am happy to hear that you and he are doing so well.

Jeff and Lacy said...

That is such a funny story. I'm glad you have everything ready so you can enjoy your baby, I can't wait to see some pictures. Good luck with everything!

Lisa Ball said...

That is an awesome story... I love children's minds. So glad to hear that you are hanging in there. I was worried about you for a while, but I think things will work out for you, they always do because of your faith. Keep strong and we will keep you in our prayers.
Hugs,
Lisa

Chris and Monika said...

I love Maddy!! She makes me laugh and I bet she will just be as gullable as you used to be when we were growing up. I am glad you are doing good. Tell the girls hi and give them hugs for me. Love you Nat!

Becky said...

Great story! I'm still laughing! I love the dressing up, they do know how to put on a good show!

Kate said...

Even though i have already heard the story i still love it:) Maddy is so much fun to watch grow and learn I love you and your girl so much and cant wait for Jackin boy to come out:)