"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Nov 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at my parents house this year. The kids loved playing with their cousins and dinner was delicious. Thanksgiving reminds me of all those things that I have to be thankful for and there are so many, too many to count really. But right now I am so thankful for the gospel in my life, my family who does so much for me, my husband who has been so helpful to me lately, my sweet girls, and my health and strength to take care of my family and to carry this baby for as long as I have. The list could go on and on, I truly am blessed. I have tried so hard to keep my kids well and to do all that I can to prevent them from catching a nasty bug this time of year and I have been so blessed to have healthy children. Good health means so much to me!! I am so thankful that I have been able to carry this sweet baby for so long, he is going to be nice and plump when he comes out. Josh and I are so excited to meet him and so are the girls. What a wonderful time of year to have a baby, the holidays are so fun and now we will have a sweet baby boy to sit by the Christmas tree and rock and love on. As for right now it is looking like the Doctor is going to take the baby c-section on Tuesday the 1st. I see the Doctor on Monday and I will find out for sure. He told me this week he wasn't comfortable letting me go any longer than Tuesday. The days are going by fast and I am really scared. I am trying to be positive and hope and pray that things go well.












4 comments:

Amber said...

You'll have to let me know if Tuesday really is the big day. We have been praying for you and I know things will be just fine. I can't wait to meet your new little boy!

Judy said...

I am so glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Wow! On Tuesday? You are in my prayers. It will be so good to get little Jaxon here!

Kate said...

Im so glad that i got to spend a little bit of time with my family on Thanksgiving:)And no need to worry everything will go great this week:) And Im here to help anytime:) I had so much fun making forts with the girls yesterday:) Thanks for all you do:) Love ya Natty

Jenna said...

Good Luck - Hey! It's tuesday today - can't wait to see pics of the little guy!! yeah! I will pray that all goes well... if you haven't already had him. :)