"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Feb 15, 2009

Best Valentines Day Ever ♥♥♥

So I can honestly say this years Valentine's Day will be one I remember forever!

It started off earlier in the week by my husband telling me that him and the girls needed me to get out of the house because they had something they needed to do without me there. Well I was thinking yeah right...those of you who know my husband know that he very rarely remembers any of the important, special, lovey, holidays, you know the ones that women really enjoy and look forward too :). This has always been a sore spot to me, so I couldn't imagine him doing anything that was thought of before hand for me for Valentine's Day. He insisted that I leave the house, so I did. Well while I was gone he took the girls, ALL three to the grocery store and made these strawberries dipped in chocolate. I was so impressed!!! Well the funny thing is, is that he used ice cream syrup chocolate and heated it up and dipped the strawberries multiple times because the chocolate would not stay on the strawberry, then he put them in the freezer. So that is why the strawberries are sitting in a puddle of chocolate. Yes this is very funny and came from a man who will not ask for directions or help with anything he does, not even dipping strawberries in chocolate. And the strawberries on the cookie sheet say Happy V-day can you see it? He is so thoughtful I am completely shocked. Love you Honey!



Then he also took the girls to the mall and each one of them handed me one of these....How sweet is that!



And something I have always wanted and its even red for Valentines Day!!!!! It was like Christmas at my house. I had a smile form ear to ear seriously it was the best day ever. It was the best day because he took the time to think about me and planned out something fun for the girls to be involved in as well, we were all very happy :)



Then I stayed up very late the night before Valentine's Day and decided to make heart shaped cakes for everyone!!! They turned out so fun and Josh and the girls loved them. I am not a baker or a cook so I was so glad they turned out okay♥♥♥



I put the initials for each of the girls so they had their own special cake!



My parents always made sure we were loved on Valentines Day and I want to do the same for my kids. I want them to know it is a special day and we should feel loved and love others back. I put together a cute bucket full of treats and gave them a special card with a little note from me.


The girls loved the cards!

And Kenna loved the chocolate :) She must be a Momma's girl for sure :)
She was very happy after eating that chocolate!
So I saved the best for last! We got to go to a special baptism for a friend of my sisters, his name is Rodger. I have never been to a converts baptism, O boy have I missed out! This was the most special day for him, and I was so happy that I got to be there. I watched as he came out from being under the water and he had the biggest glow around him, it was amazing. I was with Josh and the girls and we all felt the same feeling, it was like everyone just stood very still for that moment and we felt the spirit in the room. My sister spoke on the Holy Ghost and did a wonderful job :) She is amazing to me and has the strongest testimony, sure do love her. I would not have wanted to spend my Valentine's Day doing anything else, it was wonderful and very happy!

This is my sister Katie and her friend Rodger :)

8 comments:

Judy said...

Oh Nan, I am so happy for you. What a great day!!!!! And that baptism is awesome. He's a cute guy. I's so happy that you are feeling better and have such happiness with your adorable little family. Love you tons!!!!

Holly said...

Wow that is a great Valentines Day!!!! That red kitchen aid is SO cute, and your cakes are too! You are to a good cook!

Torman said...

What an awesome thing!! congratulations to Roger!! Love your Kitchen Aid Nat the red is sassy :)

Lynn said...

Oh Natalie! What an AWESOME surprise for Valentine's Day! That man of yours is a keeper for sure. What fun. I ♥ your new RED kitchen aid. Nice!

Kate said...

Natty:) Your such a great Mom! I love ya! Thanks for all you do!

Amber said...

I'm glad you had a good day. I couldn't function without my Kitchenaid Mixer so I am sure you will love yours!

Jessica said...

how fun Natalie! I'm glad you got spoiled. You have such a cute little family and are such a fun mom. thanks for the info on the dance class. I called and will start taking Ella the first of next month. :)

Jesse and Jessica said...

Natalie...that is great! I am so glad that you had a Happy Valentines day! thoes pics of kenna with her little pick hat on are adorable...they would look just pricless in blackand white!