"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Nov 11, 2008

Maddy's Drawings

Maddy loves to draw! She draws everyday, and she always comes up with the cutest pictures that put a smile on my face. These were her drawings today, can you guess who they are? They are our family! She showed me who everyone was and why she made them look that way. She didn't draw the clothes, she took stickers out of a strawberry shortcake book, she said that Daddy's clothes were the only ones that looked like boy clothes. She is so cute, and can be very creative. I have a soft heart for all the drawings that the girls make and all their school papers, I save all of them in a Tupperware with their name on it. I have a huge collection of drawings!!! I just thought I would share these ones with you.

The Whole Family


Daddy


Mommy




Maddy


Kynzee

Makenna
(with her little fingers trying to steal the picture)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What great drawings :) I love the works of art the I get!

Unknown said...

Cute! Little girls seem to like to draw so much more than boys. Jenna already likes to draw and I can't get anthony to draw me a picture, but he brings some great artwork home from preschool!

Rachel said...

I love the drawings, they are so cute!

Camille said...

Talented! These are such darling pictures. Treasures to keep, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Maddy is a sweetheart. I sure enjoyed looking at her drawings. Kids bring a special light into our lives don't they. Hold on to them tight for they grow up fast. You seem to understand that and it sounds like you enjoy every moment with them. Ann

Torman said...

I am in!!! NO more blocked e-mail!yeah!!!

Lynn said...

WOW! I am impressed. She truly is creative.

And I think it's so funny how you and I are so much alike! I too save ALL The kids art and drawings from school and home. They are all in tupperware containers too. Now that the oldest is married, I had to give them up to her. I promised all the kids that they could have all the things I saved for them ONCE they were married and settled into a home.

I tell you....that was SURE hard to give up. But a promise is a promise. IT was like I was giving up one of my babies that I treasured and nurtured all these years. LOL!

She got about 5 large boxes!!! All filed and labelled and sorted into years and school days, home, and church (Primary, Young Women's etc.) She's having a blast looking and remembering.