"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Nov 12, 2008

The Peacegiver



Have any of you ever read this book? My Grandma gave me this book years ago for Christmas and I am not a big reader, in fact I hardly ever read. It seems like I only read when the world seems to be caving in on me and I need a window to look out of. I am very serious! Anyway I have been organizing my house a little and I came across this book. I had the strongest feeling that I needed to read it. So it has taken me quite a while but I finished it, I finally finished it! It is an amazing book. I learned so much from this tiny book. We have been given so many gifts if we just open our hearts to them and realize they are there. This book taught me how to have peace in my heart and in my life for the people who hurt me. I know we have all been hurt by someone in our lives wether it was a big hurt or a tiny hurt. It is so hard to let go of that and find love for that person again, but if you can do it you will be a stronger more peaceful person. I know because I have had to do it on many occasions. This book is the best by far, I hope if you haven't read it you will.

I found this saying today on a wall hanging that I thought was really neat it says:

"Never Let Yesterday Fill Up Today!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this book Natalie! I am so glad that you got to read it. I agree I think everyone should open this book. I love reading your blog, you teach me something new everyday. You are so beautiful and so is your little family. You are so special. Love you. Ann

Unknown said...

I have wanted to read this book for so long, maybe now that I know you loved it- I will!! :)

Elena said...

Oh, I'm so glad you posted about that. I had been told about that book, but completely forgot it until you reminded me. I do want to read it!

Amberlee said...

I've never read this one, maybe I'll have to give it a try. Those pictures are adorable- definite keepers :)

Lynn said...

Me too! I am not much of a book reader.

But someone mentioned that this was a MUST read and so when I went to the LDS book store, I got it on sale and started to read. WOW! It also took me a while. I had to work through some feelings and thoughts of my own.....

but WOW! Great story and book for sure.