"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Nov 24, 2008

Forgotten Carols


We had a very fun Saturday night!!! I bought tickets for the Michael Mclean Forgotten Carols, these were awesome tickets in the fifth row. We decided to bring Maddy and Kynzee this year and it was so much fun for all of us. It is amazing to me how strong the spirit comes to me through music. What a great way to start off the holidays. I think it can be so easy to forget who we are and what our purpose is in life. I hope that we can all remember the way back home and bring others with us on our way. Going to this really made me feel the love that our Heavenly Father has for us. I hope we can all remember what is most important about Christmas this year and we can feel the spirit and love in our homes with our families.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Oooooo!!!! You are SO lucky!!!

Our Bishop heard about this 16 years ago.. He came to me and asked me to direct this production for the youth to perform at the end of that year during our Ward's Christmas Dinner. That was SO hard to do. A LOT of work and I can't read music either. However, I love to sing though, and I loved THIS production of Michael McLean's. We had SO much fun working with the youth that year and this FORGOTTEN CAROLS musical has always been our family's favorite since.

(P.S. I remember walking in from a side door on Performance night, to go up and conduct the youth choir already set up on stage. IT was the first night I decided that I needed to finally start wearing my maturnity clothes. I was 5 months pregnant with Corey . I hadn't told anyone yet. You should of seen the looks on people's faces. Especially the youth. So funny. Many memories of that night for sure.)

Pitcherfam4 said...

This is one of my favorites. Didn't we first go to it with our young womens group or something? Either way... I have always enjoyed this particular show.