"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Nov 7, 2008

Another flooded basement!

First of all I just wanted to remind you that my blog is going private in about one week now. So if I know you, don't know you and you just like to look at my blog, or just whoever you are leave me your email and I will send you an invite. I don't want to make my blog private and leave someone out.

Now seriously you will never believe this!!! Our basement flooded again! You all probably remember in August I left the hose on and flooded our brand new finished basement. We got that fixed and then it happened again! Only it wasn't me this time it was the All American cleaning workers. They were cleaning my carpets and a couch and the hose was leaking water and filled up my window well with water, it ran for over 4 hours. Well we thought it was fine and the ground kind of soaked it up. I watched it for a few days and no water ever came in the house. Well the rain came this last weekend, and it came hard at my house, if you even drove by and saw some of the neighbors swells you would know how much water we got. Well I still never thought anything of it and then about three days ago I started smelling something very bad in the basement. I looked everywhere for the smell, maybe it was a rotten sippy cup or a diaper Kenna ran away with..... who knows! I just wanted to find out what it was, well last night I walked into one of the bedrooms that we don't use and the door just stays shut......well.......I stepped into a huge smelly mess. The floor was completely covered in water in two bedrooms. So it came from the rain... that poured into the window well... because of the collapsed dirt next to the window well...that was caused from the All American Cleaners water leakage a few days before! Did that make any sense at all. Anyway we now have a huge mess because it sat for so long before I finally found it that it has soaked up into the walls and has ruined everything. I just can't believe it, actually I can believe it, it's Natalie we are talking about and sometimes I have really bad bad luck especially with water lately. So the next few weeks we will spend trying to fix our basement that we have had such bad luck with. Maybe I will have some better news tomorrow :(

15 comments:

Lynn said...

That is absolutely horrible! What a headache and mess! Oh....not to mention the physical and financial stress!

How do I know? The same thing happened to us about a year ago last Spring. I came home in a down pour storm and heard my kids yelling that water was coming into the basement. It was like a water fall! Coming straight down the walls from the window wells outside. : (

Not fun! I am feeling REALLY bad that it has happened TWICE for you.

Hope all gets taken care of easily for you from here on out.

Chantri said...

Oh Natalie! I am so sorry! We have neighbors that flood almost every year because they dug too deep. It's such a mess. When I was growing up though the worst thing happened to us. We lived in a subdivision up on the hill by the Rexburg water tower and our home was at the bottom of the hill. Well something went wrong with the sewer lines and it all was running all over the roads and people's lawns...but guess where it ultimately "stopped"? ya right in our basement! Seriously! The whole thing was flooded and destroyed everything...not to mention it stunk SO bad.

So I am scared of flooded basements! I hope the clean-up goes well and that you don't find too much damage.

Judy said...

Nooooooooooooo! Nan. I can't believe this. I am so sorry. Can I help? What can I do? I can come help or help with the kids. Let me know.

Nichelle said...

I am so sorry that stinks so bad!! I can't believe that it happen again. I am sorry!

Andrea said...

bummer but we learn something from it right? patience? Who knows. my email is mspiggy381@hotmail.com so that you can add me to your blog! thanks and good luck!

Twice as Nice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sam said...

how aweful. We had a little flood in our basement and what a headache. The only good thing was that our basement isn't finished. Hopefully things will look up from here on out.

Elena said...

OH NO!!!! You poor thing. I know that exact smell you are talking about. I started smelling it a few weeks ago and finally figured out that my youngest had dumped several gallons of water in her room. The water had seeped under her nightstand and soured. Ughhhh.... But Don Aslett cleaners has a wonderful product that's actually used to take smell out of pet accidents; I dumped it full strength on the carpet and it took the smell completely away. Thank goodness.

Marianne said...

That sounds absolutely awful! I came across your blog from my cousin, Holly's. You have very cute kids and it has been so fun to see them at Preschool! I can't believe how much they look like you! Plus, it is fun to run into someone you know every once in a while!

Jesse and Ashley Packer said...

That stinks! I would call All American and complain. They might help to cover repairs. I can't believe that. My mom and Dads basement flooded 3 times in about 2 months a few summers ago. It was horrible. My mom was so upset. They called All American Cleaning and Restoration when they found the water the first time, but I think she was even more upset when they got the bill. SCARY! I am sorry. Let me know if you need help with anything. I am so sorry. We have had bad luck this week too! Dang it!

ChArL3s said...

Hi this is shar I would like an invite and i can't wait to babysit kenna monday!

Amber said...

I'm so sorry. You do have bad luck! Hopefully you will get it all cleaned up.

I talked to Josh at church today and he said you were really sick. If you need any help give me a call. Your girls can come over any time!

Holly said...

Oh no! You poor thing! I hope that the ALL American Cleaners come and clean up their mess!

Amberlee said...

Oh man- I'm so sorry to hear that! That's awful... Good luck getting it all fixed up again :)

Unknown said...

YUK!! I am sorry!
Add me!! kellenandcalise(at)gmail(dot)com :) I hope you have a better week!!