"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Oct 27, 2008

Carving Pumpkins!

We finally carved our pumpkins tonight and it was so much fun. The girls asked why we can't carve pumpkins every night. We had these fun patterns and we tried them out for the first time. It was actually pretty hard to carve all the little corners, but the girls insisted that we try, so I am glad that the pumpkins turned out how they wanted. Katie came over and brought a pumpkin to carve also, she had a blast. I accidentally tore the stem off of Kenna's pumpkin so I tried hot gluing it back on, and it worked until Kenna got a hold of it and it broke again. She was so funny because she thought she pulled it off so she kept trying to put it back on. She was also poking in the eyes and mouth of the pumpkin and laughing so hard, she loved her pumpkin. She was very tired so she went to bed right when we got done with her pumpkin, that's why she isn't in the end pictures. Overall we all had fun and we kept some of the pumpkin seeds to cook tomorrow. Fun Fun night!


7 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm impressed! Natalie, your girls are SO CUTE! I can't believe you have 3! And they're so big! It reminds me of how old I am. Ugh! Good job on those pumpkins!

Lynn said...

Those pumpkins are HUGE!!!

Love the one of all of you sitting on the porch with them all lighted up and you and the girls are trying to look scary. So fun.

Anonymous said...

how fun! we did the exact same thing!!

Nichelle said...

My kids love to carve pumpkins too. We just have to wait until Thursday to do ours because Rex won't be in town until then. I love the pictures very cute!!

marathon runner said...

halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love to see the kids get excited about costumeand all the fun things

Jessica said...

That looks like so much fun & your pumpkins turned out great! I need to get motivated and carve ours.

Pitcherfam4 said...

So glad you got to carve pumpkins. This is the first year Josh and I haven't carved them. I am the one that gets him into all things festive. Unfortunately this year we just didn't have the time. Josh is preparing to head out and that means working thousands of weird hours this week. Definately gonna have to do it next year. Have fun and Happy Haunting!