"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Mar 26, 2008

Why can't I go to Kider Garden Mommy?


Okay so I have a really funny story... The other day Maddy heard me talking to someone about how she misses the deadline for Kindergarten by 6 days and now she will have to go to another year of Preschool. A little while later Maddy came to me and said "Mommy why can't I go to Kider Garden?" and I explained to her that she had missed the deadline. She then said "O Mommy that means all the other kids will be in the beautiful garden but me..." and I thought about it for a minute and by then she was in tears and didn't understand. It was so difficult to explain that Kindergarten is not a pretty garden full of trees and flowers like she thought. It amazes me sometimes the things Maddy comes up with! And I have to admit this was a pretty funny one.

8 comments:

Nichelle said...

Poor girl! I can't believe that she can't go. She seem so much older than Briley to me. That is so cute that she thinks it is a garden! Briley is going to miss playing with her next year. She really likes Maddy.

Holly said...

That is so sad, and so cute all at the same time! :) What a sweet heart!

Becky said...

Maddy is such a sweetie! That was a great story! I haven't been on the computer a whole lot the last couple weeks, so that is why there's been a lack of comments on my part, I'll try and do better! I hope you guys had a good Easter and that you made a yummy dinner, but we sure missed being able to see you!

Camille said...

Kids say the cutest things! Little does she know...you just don't want to rush into that school thing, right?!

Natalie♥ said...

you said it perfect Camille! I don't want her to grow up any faster than she already is.

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

That is the sweetest thing. I hope that you wrote that down. The poor girl, that stinks that she can't go this year!

Chris and Monika said...

Poor Maddy!! She is so cute... I love that story!!

Brenda said...

I love to hear sweet little stories like that! Paige is always cracking me up with them. I should follow your lead and blog them, so you can remember how darling them are! Cute Family!!!