"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

May 1, 2012

A trip to Utah

Maddy and Kynzee had a dance competition in Draper, Utah so we made a trip down there. Josh had a motorbike race to go to so my sweet Mom came with me to help me out. It was quite the journey with four kids, but we made it. The girls got first in both of their dances and they did fabulous!! I was super proud of them because it was a big national competition in an auditorium and they have never been to one of those. We had some time between the dance so we took the kids to the mall and it was a really fun mall. They got to ride the carousel and a train that rode through the mall, the girls thought that their mall was so much better than our mall!! It’s too bad we don’t have some fun things like that in our mall, I am afraid we would be there often if they did. We drove up to the Draper temple and I got some pictures of the kids in front of it. It is a beautiful temple that sits up on the hillside and it was a steep curvy drive to get to it. That was really a lot of fun for us to go see. I only got one picture of the girls in one of their costumes before they danced because we couldn’t take pictures in the auditorium, I was feeling pretty good to just get one and to have remembered my camera. We stayed in a hotel and the kids got to swim and of course they had a blast!! It was really a fun weekend and I am so grateful to my Mom for helping me.DSC_3184DSC_3181DSC_3183DSC_3199DSC_3197DSC_3186DSC_3187DSC_3188DSC_3189DSC_3193DSC_3205DSC_3200DSC_3226DSC_3233DSC_3236

1 comment:

Amber said...

How fun! I love that mall. I used to go there a lot when we lived in Utah.