"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Aug 30, 2011

Maddy and Kynzee’s 1st day of school

I just cannot believe that school has started!! I have some pretty raw feelings about school starting. I feel like as a Mother it is my job to take care of my kids and raise them, and I feel like when they go back to school the teacher gets to see them more than I do on those days and I don’t like it. I know, I know I better just get use to it, I don’t think I ever will though. It was sad for me to see them go, I really enjoyed having them home during the summer and I will miss them dearly on the days they have school.  Maddy and Kynzee are the sweetest little girls, they really are. I have no worries that they wont have friends or make new friends or be good friends to other people. I am excited about that part of school and I know they are too. They both have their own style this year and they knew what they wanted to wear on the first day and it was so fun to watch them lay their clothes out and talk to each other about what they were going to wear. I love how close these two are! Their Daddy gave them all a Father’s Blessing before school started and I was so grateful that he offered to do that for them and he gave them each a beautiful blessing. I am grateful that his Dad did that for them when they were younger so he could follow in his footsteps and do the same for our children. Maddy started the 2nd grade and Kynzee started the 1st grade this year, it sounds crazy to me, it is so true that they grow up fast!!!DSC_0023-2DSC_0009DSC_0013DSC_0016DSC_0020-2DSC_0008DSC_0025DSC_0026-2DSC_0031-3DSC_0037-2 (2)DSC_0039-2DSC_0043-2DSC_0044-2DSC_0049-2DSC_0051DSC_0054

3 comments:

Colter, Shantel & Family said...

Your girls are seriously so cute...they have all the cute accessories, and it all matches! You are such a good mom! So cute!

Lynn said...

First Days of school are always the most memorable, aren't they. How sweet it is all the more with a Father's blessing to start the year off with. We have that tradition too in our house. So coo. Love it.

Kate said...

So fun i love the pink and purple reminds me of the play!!:)