"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jul 21, 2011

Welcome Home Uncle Jon

Josh’s brother Jon just returned from his mission to Argentina. We went to the airport to see him come off the plane and then we went over to Josh’s parents house for a BBQ. It’s crazy how in two years so much can change!! My kids refer to Uncle Jon as the Uncle who says the moon is made out of cheese, they love him so much. Jon had never met Jaxon before, but Jaxon sure loved him the minute Jon held him. Kenna on the other hand was very shy and was hiding from Jon. We wanted a picture of the two of them together because Kenna’s  dress matched Jon’s tie and she flopped over and would not let me take her picture with him. It was sure fun to see him again and we are glad he is home!!

Grandpa and all the kids checking the flight schedule!

DSC_0278DSC_0279

The girls patiently waiting.

DSC_0282

Jenna and Kenna

DSC_0287

Jaxon and Daddy

DSC_0288

Jess, Jason, Jake, Anthony, Maddy, Justin and Grandpa

DSC_0290

Jon’s friends…Marc and Thomas

DSC_0291

Jason and Jess

DSC_0292

Here he comes….

 

DSC_0294DSC_0295DSC_0297DSC_0301

Josh and the kids waiting to give Jon a hug

DSC_0303

Hugging Mom. Now that I have a son I can imagine what that must have felt like for her.

DSC_0305

 

DSC_0317

Uncle Galen and Jon

DSC_0320

DSC_0321DSC_0325

Jeral could not wait to show Jon his “friend”.

DSC_0326

DSC_0327DSC_0328DSC_0334

Jaxon meets his Uncle Jon and really likes him!

DSC_0336

DSC_0337

DSC_0338

And then there is Kenna who is so shy she can’t even look at the camera!

DSC_0341

Jenna and her baby brother Owen

DSC_0342

Jaxon liked looking at the baby, but was a little unsure about him.

DSC_0346

Jon with all the kids. The sun was shining down on them so it made for some bad pictures with the sun glaring!!

DSC_0353

DSC_0355DSC_0360

Jon with Mom and Dad

DSC_0364

Jon with Jess and Jason

DSC_0369

Justin, Mom and Jess

DSC_0376

Jon with Justin

DSC_0374

3 comments:

Judy said...

So crazy!!!! I love all your pics. Hope you are doing good. Love you

Becky said...

I'm so glad you posted these! I wish we could have been there!

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh. I am bawling my eyes out. That picture of him hugging his mom. I can totally imagine what that must be like. I can't wait!!

They leave as babies (well....not really but you know what I mean) and come back as fully grown spiritually strong men. I am sad that I am missing that transition. I will never be able to have that back........but it's SO worth the sacrifice! I couldn't understand how Hanna gave up her son for the Lord when she handed him over to Elijah in the scriptures.......until my son went on his mission. Thank goodness it's at the age of 19, though and not at the age of 5! ; D