"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Mar 29, 2011

What if your blessings come from raindrops?

I had the hardest time today just feeling peace with everything. So much to think about and I was walking around the house thinking "I wish it would rain, I love the smell of rain, that would make my day". Well then tonight I went to a friends blog and she had this beautiful song on there, an absolute tender mercy for me. I cried as I listened to it, what a blessing to have so many friends and family who are so strong and amazing so I can gain strength from you when I am down. You just never know when you will have an impact on someones life. I am so grateful for all of you in my life, I am so blessed and I want it to rain and rain and rain especially after listening to this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ&feature=related Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops What if your healing comes through tears What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know you’re near What if trials of this life are your mercies in disguise

3 comments:

Kate said...

I want it to rain for you Nanny:) You are in our prayers and thoughts and we will be there with you every step of the way! Please know that your Heavenly Father knows you and Loves you and will always be there to comfort you as will your family...I think we need to go get a cupcake:)

Chris and Monika said...

Nat, I think your an amazing and strong person and you will get through this. Your family will be here for you every step of the way as will your Heavenly Father. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I pray that you will be comforted and know everything will work out.
Love you Nat!

Lynn said...

Beautiful! Not just the song........but the fact that it's obvious the Lord is mindful of you as he leads and guides you to the right places to find peace, comfort and strength. Love that. He loves you so much and I can see that you are in his arms of love.

It will all work out. I know it.

Love ya'!