"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Mar 27, 2011

The Joy of Motherhood

I never have a lot of time to watch or listen to videos on other people's blogs, but I am glad that I did today. I love this video. Holly had it on her blog, she always has the best things on her blog, thanks Holly. I don't know how to post a video on here but here is the link for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt_yh7Cupa0 It really is worth watching and listening to, clear until the very end. Since I make my blog into books I wanted to write a down a little that was taught in this video, that I loved. Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times but amid the challenges there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction. Do not rush past the fleeting moments. The biggest mistake we make as parents is we do not live in the moment enough. It is clear only when the moment is gone and we have it captured in photographs. Treasure the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less!

No comments: