"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Mar 19, 2011

Another Biopsy....Done

I went down to Utah for another biopsy this weekend on these growths in my thyroid. The Doctor I had been seeing here in Idaho got a letter from my Doctor in Utah telling him that they were wrong in their diagnosis of this being cancer. I then got a phone call and he wanted to meet with me, he was very stern with me and said the Doctor in Utah was wrong and it was for sure cancer and needed to come out. I was so upset and very confused so I called my Doctor in Utah and he said lets just throw that biopsy out completely in case there has been a mix up or something. So even though I never wanted to go through another one of those terrible biopsies I did so I can have some answers and know that what I am doing is okay. I mean come on no one wants cancer growing inside of them if they could have had it taken out!! The Doctor did an ultrasound first and the one lump that he is more concerned about had grown and in his words "didn't look good" so he did the biopsy. He told me he was more concerned about how it looked vs how much it had grown. So the biopsy went really well, a lot better than I had planned considering the last one was a neck massacre not a biopsy, in my eyes anyway. He then looked at it under the microscope and said that he got all that he needed and he would send it to the lab and I will hear from him a week from this Monday. So I am now waiting again! I can't believe I went from hearing that it's cancer and needs to come out....to it's not cancer and they made a mistake...and now another biopsy and it doesn't look good. I am so frustrated and scared at the same time. I can't wait until next Monday so I can just move forward with this!! If I have to have it out then lets get moving so I can do the radiation and junk and be able to heal in time for summer!! What a bad weekend, I am not doing good at staying positive this time. I am a good talker about being positive but not good at doing it :) There ya have it, there's my story now I don't have to repeat it a hundred times to everyone who asks, no really I don't mind, this is just easier :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

You should never feel bad about being scared. You don't have to be positive all the time! But I know you have faith that the Lord knows what is best for you and is watching out for you. I hope this week goes by fast so you can get some answers. Hang in there.

Kate said...

your in or prayers and I will always be here to help you! We love you and know that you are so strong even if you dont think you are...I know you are:) LOVE YOU!!!

Lynn said...

Ugh!

I agree with Amber, though. Never feel bad about feeling bad. Just lean on us girlfriend whenever you need to.

You are in my prayers. Seriously. I wish so bad you didn't have to go through all the waiting. It's the worst thing ever. Hang in there!! Keep us posted.