"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jan 22, 2011

It truly is a Miracle!!

So I got the best news ever!!! I have been waiting by my phone for exactly ten days and finally I get a phone call from the Dr. in Utah!! The first thing he said to me was “Hello Mrs. Williams… do you believe in miracles or mistakes?” I was thinking o my gosh what does that mean. Then he asks me where I had my biopsy done at and who read the slides from the biopsy cells, so I told him. And he said that they made a HUGE MISTAKE and he said that over and over!! I then asked why and he said that the Cytologist (which we don’t even have here) at the Huntsman Cancer Center (that he referred to as the best) said that they said whoever wrote the report on the cells being two different types of cancers were wrong, very wrong!! The cytologist had the report and the slides so they read everything that our pathologists said about them. He said there were not even one cancer cell found in all 14 biopsies!!! And I just couldn’t believe what he said, I asked him if he knew that for sure and he said yes he knew for sure. He said these masses for now are benign and they will stay that way unless there is an immature cancer cell in them that hasn’t completely formed and wont show up on a biopsy right now. He said that if these masses are causing all these crazy symptoms I am having because they have grown into a nerve then they will have to be removed and so will the thyroid, but it will be because of another reason, not because of cancer!! He wants to watch them very close so I will go back in 4 months and he will do a biopsy of his own and we will repeat this process. He told me over and over to not let the Dr here take my thyroid out, that it would be a mistake on my part if I did that. He told me to please trust him, because he knew I was doubting everything at that point. I just feel like how can they make such a big horrible mistake!! We trust our hospitals and our labs and our Drs and to have someone do this blows me away. He is writing a letter and calling the hospitals lab and my Dr to let them know. In a way I feel like maybe that is a bad thing to do because I believe in healing the sick and I am a firm believer in priesthood blessings and fasting and prayers and I have had lots of all of those so maybe it was a miracle. Maybe it was there and now is gone!! I even said that a couple times to a few people hoping that maybe by some small chance that could happen, I honestly was just joking about it! I am amazed at all of this. I am so grateful, I am so blessed and so watched over. My life seems like a rollercoaster always but it somehow always works out for me. I am the happiest most grateful person right now!! My year might go a little better than I thought. I cannot thank all of you enough for how concerned you have been for me, your prayers, phone calls, nice letters have meant the world, I am truly surrounded by the nicest people, thank you! So in 4 months I will let you know what happens, for now I am going to sleep well and forget about this craziness and move on with my life!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

That is so great! Unbelievable really!

Lisa Ball said...

I am so happy for you! That is wonderful news. I know it was a miracle because of your faith. Stay faithful and obedient,and your life will always be blessed. Love ya Nat!

Judy said...

I am so thrilled!!!!!

Lynn said...

Oh my stars!!!!!! I TRULY BELIEVE in Miracles!! Whether there was or wasn't cancer cells.......this is truly a miracle! What joy you must be feeling right now. What a wonderful sign that God is real. That he is there. That he loves you deeply.

I was so excited, I didn't comment right away here.....I hooped and hollerd and running to find Dean to tell him. ; D He is just as happy for you as I am.