"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Nov 28, 2010

Christmas Decorations

I am so lucky, I have the biggest helpers when it comes time to putting up decorations. These girls helped me bring everything upstairs, and they helped me decorate! I don’t know what I would do without them, they really are good kids with big hearts! I don’t have a ton of decorations, and what I have is very simple, but the kids love them! It is usually the simple things in life that the kids enjoy the most anyway! Our tree is full of ornaments from all the years in the past which brings back so many memories for me. The kids have made some of them, some have been given to us, and every year I give the kids a new one to put on the tree. They love remembering which ones are theirs and where they got them from. I love Christmas time and all that it brings into my life and my home.DSC_0887 DSC_0889DSC_0922 DSC_0890 DSC_0892 DSC_0900 DSC_0910 DSC_0917

4 comments:

Kate said...

I think I need some little helpers at my house:) Rodger is foreign to the christmas decoration thing:)

Rachel said...

My kids are the same way. We put out our stuff today and decorated our tree. The kids were in heaven. They get so excited when they pull out the decorations and say "I remember this!" It makes Christmas so fun when the kids get so excited. Your tree looks so pretty!

Pitcherfam4 said...

I can't believe how big and mature looking your girls are. I swear just yesterday i was visiting you in the hospital with each one. Love your decorations. I don't have much up myself, most of my stuff got left in storage. My tree and stockings was by far the most important part anyway. Happy Holidays.

Lynn said...

Beautiful!!! This post has actually got me crying believe it or not. I think this brings back the memories of when my girls were little like that and Still believed in all the magic of the season. Love it. Enjoy!