"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Oct 24, 2010

Lead me with strong hands!!




It's amazing how the Lord works in such small ways. Always showing us and others around us the way. I have really struggled lately with helping a friend walk through a trial in her life that I know all too much about. I feel like I have know her forever and actually just met her. Someone told her to talk to me that I could help her. Somedays I can't find the words to help her because I am looking for those words myself. But something that came to my mind that someone great told me once was "Your life is like climbing a mountain and you need to climb it one tiny step at a time". This seemed to help her more than I thought it would, so I wanted to share it with all of you. I also heard this song "Lead me" today on a friends blog and it jus made me cry. I know that song was put there for me to hear and I hope you enjoy it. Listen to it all the way through! Hope it is a wonderful day for all of you :)


3 comments:

Rachel said...

I was recently given a blessing because I was struggling with things (nothing major just feeling down) and in it he said to not look too far in the distance and to take things one day at a time, and the things in the future will take care of themselves. That helped me a lot because I find myself really stressing about the future and things that I have no control over. It is kind of amazing how you just talked about the same thing. It is important to remember "line up line". Thanks for the thoughts

Colter, Shantel & Family said...

That was beautiful Natalie, Thanks for sharing.

Lynn said...

Oh Nat! I just LOVE that song. I too listen to it a lot.

P.S. I know that we all have a purpose in life. And our trials have meaning and purpose too. Sometimes it is so we can help others through the exact same trial. You are amazing. I know you know that I feel that strongly. This new friend of yours is VERY blessed to have you there by her side to help guide her through this most difficult time in her life. Its' good for her to see that there is hope, a light at the end, and a better view from the top of that mountain........you go girl! Keep on climbing!