"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

May 4, 2010

What a week!!

I need to start this post off with this big milestone!! Jaxon rolled over :) My babies are usually so chubby it takes them a while to figure this step out and I never push them to do it because that makes them grow up even faster than they already do. But here are the pictures to prove that he rolls. He was so happy with himself!!! Way to go Jaxon Boy!!
So we started the week out pretty good, by taking some cute pictures of my cute baby boy. I love him, he is such a sweetie :)



And Kenna just had to sneak a kiss in there while I was taking some pictures! O she loves her brother so much.


Then she started singing the etsy bitsy spider to him and loved on him even more. I can't help but speak for him and say he loves her just as much because you can tell from these pictures.




Then we had a fun Birthday Party for my niece Taya isn't she just a doll :)


We started off so good and then look what happened!!! Poor "Kenny Lou" as Daddy calls her got a broken toe!! The girls were jumping off the little sitting place in front of the fireplace and it must have shook the wall enough to knock my huge huge picture of the temple off the mantle and it landed on Kenna's toe. It was horrible she screamed for most of the day and it swelled up so big I finally brought her in and they x-rayed it and it is the round joint bone that connects the toes to the foot that broke in half. We have two weeks to see if it will attach itself and start to heel or they will go in and pin it but they are pretty sure it will heal on it's own. They said she probably wont walk on it for 9 weeks. Well she broke that rule because she started walking on it today but just on the outside of her foot instead of on the sore part. She was just crawling to get herself around the house, either that or I carried her. I feel so bad for her. I have been asking Josh to hook that picture to the wall better but he didn't seem to think it was a problem until now :( Funny how that works huh? I am just glad my baby wasn't laying on the floor in his bouncer under that. What a week so far.

7 comments:

Jeff and Lacy said...

Jaxon is so cute! I love chunky babies, I just want to eat him up! I love the picture of him in the overalls and hat, so cute!

Your poor little Makenna! That looks like it hurts so bad!

Lisa Ball said...

Oh! I feel so bad for your little girl, it hurts really,really bad to have a broken toe, trust me, she is not faking. I hope it gets better soon! Isn't funny how you always tell your husband to do stuff and they don't listen to you until it is too late! Brent is the same way!
Lisa

Pitcherfam4 said...

That poor little girl. I know exactly what you mean by what it takes to get a man to do anything that needs done. Always have to have the effect to get the cause when it comes to them. I can't believe Jaxon is already that stinkin' big. If he is rolling, you know what that means... now you really have to be paying attention to everything he does. Pretty soon its crawling head first down the stairs.

Lynn said...

OUCH!!!!!!!! Poor baby. How scary! I pray that it will reattach itself.

P.S. LOVE the gorgeous pictures you take of the kids. So sweet!!!!

Amber said...

That makes me sad! I hope her toe gets better fast.

Kate said...

Poor Kenna:( Me and Rodg were just talking about how bad that would hurt:) She has such a sweet personlality:) And i love th pictures of Jaxon I cant belive he is rolling over!!

Jesse and Ashley Packer said...

Poor thing!!! Her little toe looks so sore :0(

Your baby boy is getting so big. He is absolutely adorable.

You have such a beautiful family Nat!