"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Feb 2, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!!

I had a wonderful birthday this year. Josh took me and the kids to Red Lobster for dinner, I got to go do some shopping, and my little ones made me some homemade gifts...gotta love them!! My girls are always making me special drawings and they mean so much to me, they even wrap them all by themselves and put their hair bows on the package, love it!! I also got to go to dinner with my family it was a blast, there's nothing like sitting around a table with all my siblings, and my parents, laughing and having a good time, just like the old days when we were all still at home. My sister made me a wonderful cheesecake with blueberries, thanks Katie. I was sad that I didn't bring my camera with me. I had a wonderful birthday!!




3 comments:

Judy said...

Hey Nan! I am so glad you had a great Birthday. It was so fun to talk to you today. You are the best

Becky said...

Sounds like your kids treated you well! I hope you had a great day! Your kids are too cute and Jaxon is growing so fast!

Lynn said...

Oh that is SO sweet of your girls.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

P.S. I know what you mean about not use to having a boy. I too wanted to put something on Colby's head out of habit when he was born. ; D You are so smart....I never thought of a hat. Jaxon is SOooo cute!