"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Oct 26, 2009

Weekend in Bear Lake

We made a last minute trip to Bear Lake last weekend and it was actually a lot of fun. I had planned to stand in line hours early at our swine flu shot clinic so I could get my kids vaccinated. I have been very worried about them getting it and I felt it was important to get them the shot. Well I have a torn placenta and have had blood clots in my legs and I am suppose to be staying down, so I was worried about standing in line for that long with three kids. Josh was working in Bear Lake for the week and he had called and said they were having a clinic and I could bring the kids there and it wouldn't be as crowded and he could help me with the kids. So I thought about it and decided driving for 3 hours with a DVD player would be better than standing in line for three hours and then we could stay with Josh for the night. So that's what I did!! I packed up and drove and the kids were so good for me. And when we got there I didn't even have to stand in a line, and I got a shot for everyone even Josh!! I was so happy, it was a great weekend!! I also got to see the project Josh has been working on every week down there, and let's just say I was a bit surprised at how big these buildings were and how much he has left to do. I was hoping he would be done soon but it looks like there is quite a lot left to do. Here are some pictures I took of the weekend!







2 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I Am SO confused about the flu shot issue. I go one way and then another and then I panic because I think I may be making the wrong decision for us. I sure I could be as decided as you and just get it done. I am so glad that your weekend has been a good one for you all! Looks like it turned out really well.

That housing is huge! They look great! That's good that Josh had a lot of work to do still in this economic upheaval. The Lord is mindful of your little family and you are so blessed.

Stay warm and healthy! Love your family updates! : D

Pitcherfam4 said...

I am so glad you got to go spend some time with Josh. I can't hardly wait to see my Josh!!!! Mostly to see how the kids react to having Daddy home. Looks like the weather also stayed pretty good for you. Kids are a blast.