"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Oct 28, 2009

Update on Baby Jaxon and Mommy


Okay so what wouldn't we go through to have our children...honestly? We would go through anything right? I am pretty sure of that now in my life. Your children mean the world to you and you couldn't imagine life without them...it is so true!! Well my little trip to Bear Lake wasn't such a good idea after all. The swine flu shots were a good idea and everyone is well from that so for that I am grateful. But I think it took a toll on my poor body. In fact it bought me a nice fancy trip to the hospital for a few days.
So far I have two tears in my placenta and a thinned out scar from my
c-sections, I am suppose to be "taking it easy" well that has been difficult for me to do (I can't imagine why). Anyway...well as I was driving home from Bear Lake my back started to hurt, I thought it was just from driving. I did fine on Sunday at church and then Monday it hit me. I was in so much pain by Monday night I couldn't even stand up straight, but it wasn't just in my back it was my belly as well. I was having contractions every few minutes and they were horrible. I tried to settle down, take a bath etc.. Nothing was working so I knew that if I waited my thin scar or torn placenta was going to rupture and I would be in more trouble. So I called the Dr. and went to Labor and Delivery, I was in labor. They tried for hours to get it under control and in the mean time tried to figure out what the pain was from that probably caused the labor. After many tests they found enlarged kidneys, especially the right side and lots of scar tissue. They were concerned about a uterine rupture and almost got me ready for a c-section immediately, they decided to hold off to see if they could stop the contractions first. They aren't sure what is going on with the kidneys and why they are enlarged. All I know right now is I begged to go home (a couple days in there without a baby is torture) and they sent me home with lots of orders!! I have to stay on the medication to stop contractions, I will be going in the Labor and Delivery during the week multiple times to have a stress test done on the baby, and I will be hoping and praying I can keep this baby in a couple more weeks at least so that he will be able to know how to suck when he comes out :) They did give me the two shots to develop the babies lungs so that is a good thing. I am pretty sure time is running out for housing this baby boy inside of me. I have worked so hard at keeping him in there so he would be strong and healthy but my body can only take so much. For now I hurt, I am tired, I missed my kids and I am grateful to be home. Your phone calls, help, concern, and meals have been appreciated, thank you so much!

12 comments:

Torman said...

We all Love you and that baby and You are both in our prayers.

thechristensens said...

Oh Natalie! You poor thing! Good luck with everything! You are such a trooper!

Sue Ann said...

My said she just visited you. I sure hope things go well! She told me that your feet are very swollen - I told her that means kidney stress, she then told me about your enlarged kidneys - be careful!!! We love you and wish you the very best. Wish we were closer, we could help with those girls! You and that sweet little boy are in our prayers!

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh! Natalie! This post shocked me! I am SO glad that you are obeying the doctor's orders and that many are rallying around to help you our with meals. PLEASE do what the doctor says and take it easy.

You are totally in my prayers. Hang in there! You are so right about the things our bodies go through to house a baby. He is SO precious. And SO are you! : D

Kate said...

Natalie i am so glad you are ok...you gave us all a scare:( I am so excited to take the girls for today i sure do love all of you!

Michelle said...

Natalie, your family will be in our prayers. Hoping for the best :)

Michelle

Lori said...

Natalie -
Seriously girl. I shouldn't be surprised about this, but I am. How can one little cute-as-a-button body take so much? I have been wondering how you are - you will be in my prayers - can't wait to meet this little man - I love the name Jaxon - reminds me of our days on Peds. Hang in there.
love,Lori

Pitcherfam4 said...

You can't have little Jaxon yet. I haven't even bought him a gift. Let me know if ya need anything. I am always a phone call away. Take care and good luck.

J-Babe said...

Oh Natalie! That is so scary! There is nothing quite like the feeling of having a baby and not being ready for that moment quite yet. I understand what you are going through, and I know it is so hard to stay down but like you said, it is so hard to have a baby in the hospital instead of coming home with you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Chris and Monika said...

I wish there was something I could do to help out. If I lived there I would take the girls and we could hang out. I hope you are feeling better and everything works out. Love you Nat!!

The Stibal Family said...

Natalie- I hate not being in your ward anymore. I had no idea all this was going on for you! Please call me if you need anything anytime! If you need help around the house or just want someone to talk to...

Peterson Family said...

Good luck with little baby boy. That will sure be a change in your household. I bet Josh is sure relieved. You know MEN! Congrats again on the upcoming boy!