"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Apr 20, 2009

A little bit of everything going on!!

I have lots to catch up on, and things are only getting busier around my house so I figured I better catch up now while I have a chance.

I finally got Kenna's hair long enough to do a french braid and I was so excited I had to take a picture. It is not the best looking braid, but give me some credit because she is a busy two year old who doesn't sit still so I was doing this braid on the go :)




The weather has been so nice lately and I have just loved it!!! But the other day while it was raining and on the verge of snowing my girls wanted to go outside and play in the rain. I put their rain coats and boots on and let them go, but they didn't last long because it was so cold outside. It is amazing to me how our weather goes from one extreme to the next so quickly.




Wow we had a busy weekend!!! Josh rode in a motorbike race and I packed up the girls and went to watch. My brother was racing as well so some of my family was going to be there and I thought it would be fun to hang out with everyone. So I packed a lunch and prepared for a long day and boy it was a long day. This race ended up being 3 hours long!!! So we were there for about 6 hours by the time every thing was over, I am glad it was a beautiful day so we weren't freezing!! The race was so fun to watch and the girls had a blast. Josh was so tired at the end but he did really good, I was so proud of him because I think I would have given up less than half way through :) We have many more races to come this summer so it will be fun to watch him.


All the racers!!!!


My brother Nick, Josh's friend Lance, and Josh
Josh
My brother Nick
Josh
Lance
Cousin Jaden and Maddy
Kenna getting tired and pouting!!!
Maddy and Kynzee were so good for me :)
Josh
The kids watching the racers come through the line!!!

Cousins Taya and Alyssa with Kenna eating lunch


Cute little Kenna enjoying the sun


Grandma taking the kids for a walk

What a fun fun day we had and I am excited for more to come with a busy summer!!! I love summer time and I am looking forward to it. It seems like last summer was such a hard time for me and I have been looking forward to another summer since last year!!!

10 comments:

Judy said...

Cute hair!!!!! I didn't know the guys raced. How fun. I'll bet the girls love to watch. It will be a fun busy summer for you!!!!

Pitcherfam4 said...

What a fun and noisy day out. Bet your girls had some dirty ears by the time they got home.

Becky said...

How fun! I wish I had some girls hair to do :) Are all the races up there or will you be coming this way at all? Looks like a lot of fun!

Rachel said...

I love the french braids! I'm glad that you guys had fun at the motocross race.

Holly said...

I love how you always dress your girls the same... SO CUTE! Looks like you have been having lots of fun enjoying this nice weather! :)

Lynn said...

I was just going to say the same thing as Holly. They just look SO cute in their matching outfits wherever they go....and you know....I think that is SO smart of you when you are in a crowd....if one is off somewhere, they are easy to pick out from the crowd. Smart!

Cute french braids! I wish I had the skills to do that. CamiLynn has to have them for her dance routines. It's mandatory and her hair is SO thick! I just make a mess of it every time and so I get someone else to do it for me. Usually one of my older daughters. : D

Marianne said...

Was that the endurance race? landon has done that in years past (not this year, however.) Maybe we'll see you at one of them!

Jenna said...

I had to show Nick that I'm not the only one that dresses my girls in matching clothes! :) They are so dang cute! That looks like a busy day! What a bunch of fun memories for them. (And the braid looks GREAT!)

Unknown said...

You really got some good action shots Natalie. Looks like you are getting that camera figured out after all. Let me know if I can give you any pointers that I have learned in my camera class. Ü

Nichelle said...

Looks like you guys had a great time at the endurance race!! Your girls are so cute. I love Kenna's hair in braids, they look really good too!!