"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Feb 22, 2009

A new heart for Gracie Girl!!!

Have you ever thought about being an organ donor? I have thought about it many times but for some reason it is scary for me. It is no longer scary. I came across this families blog quite a while ago and I have been so blessed by reading it. They want everyone out there to know about organ doning and how it saves lives. I thought this was the least I could do for this sweet family. This little baby Gracie girl has been needing a heart transplant. My heart has just ached for this sweet family. I cannot imagine having a baby and knowing that they needed a heart and waiting for some one else's baby to die to get a heart for mine. But what a miracle that can be. This little Gracie girl is getting a new heart today!!!! I am so happy for this sweet family, I cannot imagine the Lord's love by their sides today. How amazing! If my baby was dying I would want to save one of those precious babies that could be healthy if they had a new heart. I would want to give life to that precious spirit, because I know what I would be feeling as their Mother wanting them to be able to live. You can read their special blog here http://thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com/ I hope it strengthens your testimony of faith and enduring likes it has mine. We never know what others may be going through in their lives but it makes you grateful for your own trials. I hope that you all will think about organ doning a little more and remember how many lives it could save. There are way too many babies waiting for a new heart, sooooo sad!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I too use to be afraid of Organ donation.. I guess in reality I couldn't picture death.

Then one day I realized that I seriously wouldn't need them or even care after I died and so I decided to put it on my Health Care card that I would donate all my useable organs. I have also done that for all my kids' cards too.

Thanks for sharing the link to this beautiful family! You are doing such GREAT things for so many people in need. Those flowers you had delivered to Judy are GORGEOUS! Look how much you made her smile. : D