"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Feb 26, 2009

Life is Good


I have had a pretty good week and I am so thankful. My heart is full that life is good for me and for my little family right now. It seems like there is sadness all around me. So many prayers have been said for good people in my life. I have had them on my mind non stop this week.


My Grandpa dying of lung Cancer, and my sweet Grandma taking care of him. So hard to say goodbye to someone you love.


My Uncle Jerry with Prostate Cancer, and my Aunt Judy "my friend" who is the best wife and friend Jerry could ever ask for to stand by his side.


My Mother in law who broke her back snow machining. So hard to not be able to do the things you want to do, and to have to rely on someone else's help. But so blessed that you are not paralyzed. It will be a long road but worth it!


My friend Shalyce who (is only a couple hours older than I am) I shared a hospital room with her when I was born, so really a life long friend. She has a baby due April 1st, her kidneys are in trouble and she has a drain coming out of them until she has the baby. Shalyce has been in horrible pain and not feeling well. She also has a one year old to take care of. In the meantime her sweet husband is in the military serving our country and being shipped out on Monday. So hard to not see his baby boy born. I am so sad for her. Her husband is so courageous and we are lucky to have men like him in our country.


This sweet baby Gracie that I have talked about has just broken my heart this week. I have cried many tears for her and her family. She got a new heart and it has failed and she is on life support waiting for another heart. If she doesn't get a new heart in time she will not make it. How can you not hurt for this dear family and their baby. How can you not read their story and grow from it and hug your babies a little tighter and be so grateful for them. I cannot imagine facing the thought of maybe having to say goodbye to my sweet angels. This family has great Faith and courage and that's what it takes.


Too much sadness in this world and yet so many blessing from each one. We are blessed for knowing that we can be with our families again someday. That has got to be the greatest gift we have been given. I could not live each day if I didn't know I could be with my family again forever if something happened. Life is Good!


Sometimes we don't always understand why things happen the way they do, but the Lord works in mysterious ways. There is a reason for everything that happens. I am a living proof that miracles happen and the Lord blesses our lives if we do our part in the Lords plan. I have always had a testimony but it just gets stronger everyday. I put a new quote to the side of my blog, it is now my favorite and is so true. I also added some new, very peaceful songs to my play list at the bottom. One is "I love to see the Temple" and I truly love to see the temple and it is the one place that I feel at peace and gain the Faith I need to start another week. Life is Good.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Nan thanks for that sweet thought of yours. You are so thoughtful and I am so blessed to have you in my life. There is lots of sadness, but lots of blessings. I woke up in Maui today with not a hive. What a tender mercy in my life. I prayed and asked if we should even go, and I felt we should, then I said, but I want to be able to enjoy this time with my husband..... such a wonderful miracle. I am so grateful!

Lynn said...

I LOVE coming to your blog. IT is truly a peaceful place here. IT it serene and I can feel the spirit SO strong right through your computer screen to mine.
Thanks SO much for sharing your sweet sweet thoughts on all those whom you love dearly. They are SO blessed to have you in their lives.
IT's been wonderful to witness the miracle that has happened in your life. The Lord is mindful of us all. We are here for one another. To serve and to help and you are a GREAT example of that.
Thanks Natalie!