"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Dec 2, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving 2008

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! It was such a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the kids played outside, it was great. My family came over to my house for Thanksgiving this year, it was so nice to have dinner with them at my home and enjoy such a wonderful holiday. My girls had so much fun playing with their cousins, it was truly a perfect day. I couldn't believe how nice the weather was, I mean how many Thanksgivings can you think of that we have been able to go outside without freezing? I can't think of very many. The kids loved it!! I have so many things to be thankful for. When I think of some of the things in my life that I would like to be able to change, that I don't like, or that I struggle with, there are not very many. But when I think of all the things that are great and wonderful that I am so thankful for there are too many to even count and that's what matters most. I am so thankful that I had such a wonderful Thanksgiving, I treasure the good days that I have in my life. I hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving as well.



Kenna enjoying her yummy dinner


My niece Taya enjoying her yummy dinner too



Kenna and Taya are two weeks apart in age and they just love each other so much it is fun to watch them be such good friends.

Maddy and Kynzee with their cousins Jani, Jaden, and Alyssa eating dinner on the little people table!
Kenna running as fast as she can and so thankful to be outside and out of the hot house!
Aunt Katie!!
Look at my brother Nick, he is such a good Uncle outside playing with the kids, we sure do love him!
Jani and Alyssa enjoying the nice sunny day on the swings
Uncle Nick pushing Kenna, she didn't want him to stop, she was having so much fun.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

THere is NOTHING like Thanksgiving and Family......okay maybe one......a WARM day for Thanksgiving and Family. Ha Ha. Looks like it was the perfect holiday for you.

I had to chuckle at the "little people's table".....seems like there is one at EVERY house for holiday dinners. So funny.