"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Nov 3, 2008

Love you Kenna

I have always told my girls that I love them both morning and night. It is something I have never forgotten to do and I am proud of it. I think so many children get pushed aside and don't get told that they are loved enough. My thoughts are you can never over do saying I love you to anyone. Maddy and Kynzee tell me they love me all the time and they give me sweet hugs and kisses when they tell me they love me. So I have been waiting for Kenna to copy me and say I love you back and she never does. She repeats just about everything else I say but that. So to my surprise this morning after telling my sweet love able baby girl that I loved her, she very softly said "luf you" and I looked at her and said O my gosh you said it, you said it, you said love you. Kenna grinned from ear to ear and knew she did something so good. I felt so much joy and was so grateful for the precious girls in my life who tell me that they love me everyday. I love each of them more than words can describe. I know without a doubt that I will always be loved by them.



6 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh that is so cute!

I was talking to my 20 year old tonight on her cell while she was walking home with groceries she got after work. She had just gotten off the bus....she was in a hurry because it was dark and we have this pact that when it's dark and she is walking alone, that she calls me and keeps me on the phone until I know she is in her house and the door is locked. After she got in, I said "I love you" and she said " I love you".

I STILL say it to my kids and they say it back. You are So right about saying it often. It's the best feeling to hear it back for SURE!

Love those pictures of your sweet babies. AND CUTE BANNER! : D

Chantri said...

that is so sweet it made me cry. being a mother brings so much joy. your girls are absolutely darling.

Judy said...

cute Natlie, that is one thing I started when my kids were little so it is so easy now. ryan always says it and now Sydni does. Kenna is so adorable. You are such a good little mom. I hear you have been sick. I hope you are feeling better. Love ya

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Thanks for that sweet reminder. I don't think we can tell them enough in there life, how much we really do love them. I love your pictures, they are always so precious.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet, she is so adorable! You got so many cute Halloween pictures. They all looked precious. I hope Kynzee is doing better also.

Unknown said...

very cute! I love when loving mommy moments pay off for the hard times! It is so wonderful to be a mom! And, keep me on your list to visit your blog!