"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Aug 20, 2008

Wow what a summer!

Okay so this summer has been quite an adventure. I have been so busy that I haven't had time to blog at all, until tonight. And I will tell you why.....last night the basement flooded and my brother and his family had to move out for a few weeks until we can get it fixed. So it is pretty quiet and I thought right now would be a good time to get updated. The basement is really bad we have to replace all the carpet it was completely covered in water, we also have to tear down some sheetrock because it has been soaked with water. The basement is pretty much destroyed and it is so upsetting! And guess how it happened....ME!!! I left the hose on!!! I cannot believe I did that, it was so careless of me, and so upsetting to everyone in the house. Nathan and Mindy are now staying at Mindy's parent's house for a little while. We are all very sad but also thankful. Nathan and Mindy decided to stay up late this one night and it was a blessing because if they would have gone to sleep the boys might have been covered in water. But because they decided to stay up late we caught the flood before it covered the boys. What a mess!! Anyway sorry I haven't been updating my blog or leaving comments on anyone else's blog. I have been so busy with family living with me that there just hasn't been time to do anything but take care of our little ones. We have been having lots of fun so here are some pictures of what we have been up to.

12 comments:

Amber said...

You are so busy right now I don't know how you are keeping it all together. I'm so sorry about your new basement.

Unknown said...

What fun pictures of your busy summer! I am sorry to hear about the basement- not fun.

Your little girls are adorable :)

Nichelle said...

I am so sorry to hear about your basement. I hate it when things like that happen. I know you have been so busy hopefully everything will calm down for you soon.

Holly said...

Man you guys have been BUSY!! That's so sad about your basement, it sounds like something I would do too. I'm loving all your pics. You are such a grea mom!! We missed you at Recipe Group!

Rachel said...

It is so fun to see all your pictures! Looks like you guys are having fun, I'm glad. Your kids are so cute! I'm so sorry about your basement, that stinks!

Judy said...

NO! Natalie, not your beautiful, perfect basement! I can not believe that. I know you have been so busy. I can't believe you have to deal with this. It is one thing to put it together, but to have to tear it all apart! I am so sorry. Call me. I miss you!

Head Over Hills said...

I 'm so sorry about your basement. You seem to have a positeve attitude about it though. That is amazing to me. That is so great that your girls will get to go to preschool together. What a fun time for them. I also loved all the pictures you posted. You guys look like you have been busy. Good luck with everything.

Robyn said...

Nat Our new basement flooded when it was only a few months old. It happened when our new bathroom pipes fell apart. You guys will have it beautiful again in no time. Take care. Hope you little one is doing better.

Elena said...

Oh no! That is SUCH a bummer with your brand new basement!!! I can somewhat relate. Our toilet in the master bath just leaked through the wall and into my carpet and we had to replace the pad under the carpet. Not nearly as bad as your's though. Ugghhh..I'm so sorry.

Jessica said...

It looks like you guys have been having fun this summer! Sorry to hear about the basement.. it's hard for moms to keep our minds straight when we have so much responsiblity and multi tasking to do huh?

Your girls are so cute.. how fun that they get to go to preschool together!

J-Babe said...

Man that stinks!! What a bummer! Hopefully you can get it fixed quick and have your brother back with you guys. Good luck!

Becky said...

Looks like you've all had a lot of fun this summer! The girls are still as cute as ever! Sorry to hear about your basement!