"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

May 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad "Pa Pa"





Happy birthday Dad! We had a fun birthday party and the kids had a blast! I have to tell a funny story about my Dad's birthday present. We all went in together on a mini rototiller for him and Josh went to Action Motor Sports to buy it. He then put it in the back of his truck so my Dad would not find it in our garage. So the other day Dad stopped by and took my garbage out for me and just happened to find it in the back of Josh's truck. So he came into the house and said So Josh bought him a rototiller huh? and I played along and said yes we are going to plant a garden this year so he bought one to till the garden. We left it at that. Well...he then called my brother and said Josh bought a rototiller so I am going to go borrow it to till your garden. Well...he showed up at my house today, on his birthday and said I am going to take Josh's new rototiller, I will bring it back. And I had to stop myself from laughing but I said okay Dad. It's not even out of the box are you sure? And he said well I will take it out of the box :) So tonight when he opened up his present my mom had wrapped an empty box and in it said your gift is outside and he looked confused and then we said well we can't find your gift because you took it and borrowed it from someone today and never returned it!!!!!! His face went beat red it was hilarious. He had no idea that was for him. Well at least he got to use his new rototiller on his birthday and he loved it and thought it worked great!!! Happy Birthday Dad we love you!

8 comments:

Torman said...

what a fun story. I love it when things like that happen. How nice of Josh to let your dad borrow it before he even used it himself Ha ha how funny!!

Brenda said...

Great Story! Looks like you had a great time!

Elena said...

That is HILARIOUS! Sounds like something my dad would do. So funny, gave me a great chuckle. Happy Birthday to your dad.

Nichelle said...

That is too funny! It sounds like you guys had a great time. I guess atleast you knew he would like it.

Amber said...

I'm glad it turned out so great. That is a funny story!

marathon runner said...

It has been so long since I have had a minute to read anyone blogs and catch up on people lives! It was fun to read through yours again! Hope you are doing well. I love spring birthdays and you have so many!n FUN

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! That's totally something my dad would do!

Judy said...

Oh My Gosh! That is so funny. That will be a clasic in no time. tell him happy birthday. You have been sooooo busy. Tons os stuff going on. Can't believe that Maddi graduated from pre-school. Will be dating in no time. It was so fun to see you guys at Albertsons. Really miss you all. It's like I live on the other side of the world. Hope all is great! Love ya!