"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Mar 24, 2012

A Good Week!!

 

school_report_card

 

I really have been feeling very overwhelmed with so much lately and most days I feel like I am barely making it. I pray every night for help to just get me through my days and I know that my prayers are being answered, especially because of how my week turned out. First I got news from the Dr that my thyroid levels are completely normal now which I was thrilled over!! It was parent teacher conference this week which means report cards as well. I had scheduled times with Maddy and Kynzee’s teachers to go visit with them. I got a letter earlier this week from Kynzee’s teacher saying the nicest things about her, she told me what a kind, sweet girl she was and how she had a calming, sweet spirit about her that has made her class this year wonderful and it has made her want to be a better teacher. She went on and on about how smart she was and how there really was no need to meet with her because there were no concerns at all and that I should be proud of her. I was in tears reading this letter. How nice of her teacher to say those things about Kynzee and to tell me that I didn’t need to go to parent teacher conference was just a bonus. Seriously it made my week. I was so glad that she loves Kynzee so much because I sure miss her when she is at school so I am glad her teacher is enjoying her. So I now had just one teacher to visit with for Maddy and I had lined out someone to watch my kids for me so I could go and I received an email that same day from Maddy’s teacher. She told me that I didn’t need to visit with her and that Maddy is doing really well in her class and she is a joy to have as her student etc etc. I couldn’t believe it, I was so excited I mean seriously how often does that happen? I was so proud of my girls. I got their report cards and they had straight A’s and have all year. I know I don’t give them enough credit or tell them often enough how great they are but they really are good girls. I have never had them struggle in school which is such a blessing. I am lucky to have them as my daughters and I am so blessed that they are so willing to learn and do their school work. I don’t have to sit and beg them to do homework, they just do it and that helps me out so much. I love that they love to read because I hate reading!! I would never tell them that but I really do. I think it is a waste of time, I know it really isn’t but to me it feels like it is,  and you really have to force me to do it because I can’t sit still long enough to even try to open a book. My girls will get their noses into their American girl books and they will read and read and read, they love it!! Needless to say we really had a wonderful week full of all kinds of good things. I took the girls to go see the movie the Lorax for their good report cards and good reports from their teachers, it was so much fun to go with them!! It was a really good show and even I enjoyed sitting and watching it!!

il_fullxfull_173375840The-Lorax-Poster-2

3 comments:

Kate said...

WOW! That is awesome...it doesnt suprise me because you do have great kids:) I sure do love them:)

Judy said...

Your girls are so sweet. I'll bet the teacher jus loves them.

Lynn said...

Oh I LOVE that you made sure to add this to your journal. Your girls will truly love it someday....to know how proud you are of them and their efforts. You are doing such wonderful things with your kids!!! What a great example you are to all those around you.

P.S. I agree with your sentiments about reading. lol. Shhh! Don't tell. Although.....I need to kick my butt into better gear about reading my scriptures. After all...I am the teacher. HA ha.