"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Mar 15, 2012

Our baby girl has a name..

thumbnailCA86N15P


First of all I better tell you we did have another ultrasound and there is no “maybe” on if it’s a girl, it is 100% a girl!!! Everyone keeps asking me if we have a name..and we do!! Of course we do, we always have a name before the baby comes, if you know me very well you know I am a planner and all of this has to be thought out and done before the baby comes. When we found out we were having a baby before Maddy I made a typed list of girl names in pink and boy names in boy. I had a lot more boys names than girls names that I liked for some reason. There have been some removed because immediate family members have used them, some that Josh did not like at all so I had to cross them off my list, and I put stars by those that we both really liked. I have been lucky to have used so many girl names on my list!! Raegan was a name we almost used for every one of our girls and for some reason we changed it and decided on another name. But with this girl we know without a doubt that her name is suppose to be Raegan. Ruth is her middle name for two special reasons. First off all Josh’s Grandma Ruth who passed away almost two years ago was the sweetest person I have ever met. I loved her so much. She was so good to me and I knew every Sunday I would receive a phone call to see how I was and how my family was. She was always checking on Josh and always asked him if he was making good choices and reminding him of his beautiful little family he had started. She always had a hug and a smile for us. She was so kind to my kids and she left a huge imprint in my heart. When she died I told myself that if I ever had another girl I would name her after Grandma Ruth and I am!! Grandma’s birthday was the only one in June from the Williams side of the family at the time and my baby is due in June so I think it is special. Another reason is my Great Grandma Sylvia Ruth Swisher who was my Mom’s Grandma always wanted someone in the family to name a baby after her and no one ever did…well I am now!! She was another one of those wonderful women in my life who was so kind to me. We are excited that our baby girl now has a name :) Jaxon calls her Baby Rae and I love it, I love how he says it, it is so cute! He touches my belly and wants to lift my shirt up and then he pats my belly with a not very soft pat and says Baby Rae, he knows she is in there. My brother Jesse’s middle name is Ray and a lot of us call him Ray so that is a good name for sure because we all love Jesse. We can’t wait for Raegan to come, it feels like it isn’t too far away!! I have been feeling really good as far as the pregnancy goes. I have a few aches and complaints but nothing too big, so I am grateful for that. I feel like this pregnancy is just flying by so fast. My kids are all very excited, I find them touching my belly quite often so they can feel the baby move, they love it when she kicks and they feel it. It is fun to have some of my kids older now because they understand more and they are just so excited about every little thing. My belly is growing and I am excited, what an adventure having a 5th baby will be. I am lucky to have such good kids who are so willing to help me out around the house and with anything I need, they sure make being pregnant easier on me. I have been so blessed and so watched over I am so thankful each day for all that I have been given.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I just had a brilliant idea! You can have her on my bday and then add Rebecca in there too and she can be triple R :) But really have her on my bday I'd love it!

Rachel said...

Love the name!!! It is perfect!

Judy said...

I love love love the name. It is so cute.