"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jul 20, 2009

I like to look for rainbows

I have always loved the children's primary song "I Like to Look For Rainbows" and on July 15, it became more aware to me of why that song has always meant so much to me.

Have you ever wanted something so bad, but knew that there was nothing within your power that could ever make that happen? Have you ever prayed so hard for something that you knew could be there but because you couldn't see it, it felt like it could never be. Have you ever enjoyed the smallest, simple things in life because they meant something huge to you? Have you ever taken those tiny baby steps that felt like you were getting no where? Have you ever had the Faith in someone that honestly could move a mountain? I know you all probably have!!

This has been a difficult year for us, so difficult that is has actually been turned into something so good. You know the saying that says you have to go through hard things to see the good things? Well that is pretty much what we have been through. We have a long road to go but we are moving forward and hopefully for good.

Don't ever forget how special this song is!! Don't ever forget the words. Don't even forget it when you have grown up and you don't sing it on Sundays in Primary. It is so simple and yet it means so much in my life.

I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain, and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain, I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away and I can be forgiven and improve myself each day. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain, I want to be the best I can and live with god again.
These girls are so proud of their Daddy and love him so much!!
We wore white for your special day Daddy, and we will again for many more special days to come....we don't ever want you to forget how beautiful we looked in white and how much this special day means to us.
We Love you ♥♥♥






8 comments:

Amber said...

The girls look so beautiful and Josh looks so happy. I am glad things are going better and moving in the right direction!

Torman said...

Way to go Josh!

Lynn said...

That is AWESOME! Oh Natalie! You got me BAWLING my eyes out! What a beautiful and wonderful post.

How beautiful are those little angels of yours or what!? And Josh.. look how handsome and glowing with the light of Christ.....

I am SOooooooooo Happy for you girl! I pray that things continue to move forward in the happiest direction ever for you all.

Becky said...

:) Wish we could have been there! We are so happy for all of you!

Pitcherfam4 said...

I always find it amazing that families can give you more strength in times of struggle than you ever imagined even being able to have. Congratulations on your new beginning.

Kate said...

Natalie your amazing and I wish I look up to you so much thank you for giving me strength and Hope- I love you so much!

Lori said...

So glad things are going good for you - you are one amazing person. I am so glad you are my friend.

Robyn said...

Life always has its challenges but if you have faith it will work out. Looks like it was a wonderful day for all of you and remember to keep building all the precious memories you can and hold on to them dearly.