"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jul 6, 2009

It's a Boy!!!!


Baby number 4 is on the way!! I am 18 weeks and 2 days pregnant with a baby boy!!!!


Wow this has been a post that I have wanted to make for so long. I have the best news and I am so excited to finally share it with everyone!! It is a story I don't ever want to forget so I am going to write it all down so I will remember it.


It all started back in March. I had an ultrasound on my liver to make sure all the blood clots were gone. Well they were gone all right every last one of them. The Dr. was amazed that they disappeared so quickly. I had been on blood thinners to get rid of them so they decided to stop the blood thinners. My liver counts went back to normal so fast it was a miracle. It was then that I found out that I was going to have another baby!!! I had always heard that the high hormone levels while being pregnant could heal the liver, well they sure did that to mine. I was thrilled, absolutely so happy I couldn't believe it!! I was so afraid of ever getting pregnant again, I never wanted to go through what I went through with Kenna, the thought scared me to death. But I now was facing it all over again. Instead of being scared like I had been I had the calmest feeling come over me that this was going to be for the best and that everything would work out. I have faith that this is going to be great!!! And I won't choose to think anything different. They say sometimes you have to go through what was once one of your biggest fears again, so you can have a better experience and then it wont be your biggest fear anymore. I was on my death bed with Kenna and thought I would never live, and now I feel like this is going to be amazing!!! Call me crazy I am just not sure what I am anymore. I have always wanted a big family and I am going to go for it :)


It has been quite the ride so far...I have been watched very closely in fear that I was loosing the baby for some time. Lots of blood drawn to watch my liver closely. I have also been so very sick that some days it has been hard to get up and go or take care of my kids. I have also started the headaches..which aren't fun but at the same time great because you know that the hormone levels are high and healthy. All of these things are so good and I wouldn't trade them for anything. We go through so much for nine months to get precious babies here and they are worth every minute. I am so excited I can hardly wait!!!


My baby is due December 8th, but I will have to have another c-section so it will be scheduled and I am thinking probably the end of November or first of December. The Dr. will make sure I am not having any contractions and if I start having them he will schedule the c-section then. I went into labor three weeks early with Kenna so who knows for sure when this one will come. I am hoping for December!! Until then I will wait and get myself more excited. I am so excited to have a winter baby, to be able to wrap them up and snuggle by the fire and the Christmas tree just sounds wonderful to me. Which is a huge change because I use to be afraid of having a winter baby because of the kids getting the baby sick :)


The best part about all this excitement is that the girls have known all along and they are more excited than me I think. They want another baby so bad and I think they will be the biggest helpers ever. I am excited to add baby number 4 and give my girls a baby brother. This little boy will be well taken care of with three older sisters!!!

18 comments:

Judy said...

LET ME BE THE FIRST SO SAY "CONGRATS" I AM SO EXCITED NAN!!!!! REALLY LIFTED MY SPIRITS TODAY.

Lynn said...

AAHHHHHHHH!!!! As soon as I saw your picture of "It's a boy!" I was SQUEALING!!!!! Shocked the heck out of my husband who is in the Master Bathroom painting. LOL!

MAn oh man! I am SO BEYOND thrilled for you!! THat must of been the hardest secret to keep. Oh how fun!

YOu are SO going to have fun with a boy. Truly.. They are so different from girls, but in a good way.

Oh....I can hardly contain myself....I can't even express the right words....SO happy for you all!!

P.S. Hope you have it 27 days before Christmas. Nov. 28th would be a great day don't you think? Hmmm??! LOL! (My birthday if you don't know already. ; )

Chris and Monika said...

I am so excited for you. You are a great mom and the girls will love they baby brother. How fun!!

Amber said...

I can't believe it's a boy! I am really surprised. But I am so happy for you and Josh. I am sure he is very excited that it is a boy.

Becky said...

HOORAY!!!Congrats! We will keep you in our prayers to get this little guy here safe and sound! We are excited for another cousin! Congrats again!

Marianne said...

Yeay!!!!! I am so excited for you and your family! Boys are so much fun! Hope everything goes well with you and this little one comes healthy and strong!

Pitcherfam4 said...

Yea, yea, yea!!!!! Can't stinkin' believe you are going to be poppin' out a baby boy. I love having my little boy around. Guess I will be giving you some pointers when it comes to the boy side of things. I am also glad that I will get to be around to see your 4th one. I haven't missed one yet! Congrats Nat. Take care.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! I love your positive attitude. Everything is going to be great, and I'm just so happy you're having a boy!! Best news ever!

Josh and Krystal said...

Congrats Natalie! I am so excited for you and your little family. What good news!

Brandi said...

NO way, I am so excited for you. Congrats. A boy even how fun.

Head Over Hills said...

Congratualtions Natalie. SO very exciting! I am so happy for you. Good luck with EVERYTHING!!!

Head Over Hills said...

Natalie-
Will you send me an an email so I can have your email address? I have a question for you.

Thanks-
Jessica

thesweetones3@yahoo.com

Jenna said...

you and I seem to be on the same track! How super exciteing!!! I'm glad to hear that things are going better this time around and I will keep you in prayers that they will continue to do so!

Anonymous said...

Natalie~

I am so excited for you and your cute little family. A little boy is going to be so much fun!!! Hope all is going good. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Elena said...

Congratulations!! So glad that everything is working out for you so far. Best wishes!!

SueAnn said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting!!

Sue Ann said...

So cool! You know me - I love having my boys! You & that little one will be in our prayers!

Lori said...

What the HECK? I haven't checked any blogs for awhile, and I was in for a total Shock! Whooppeee! You are a trooper. You will be a great mom to a little boy - they are so much fun! I think you have some kind of 6th sense where babies are concerned - you always seem to know what's coming! I was in Idaho Falls today and was thinking about you - we really need to get our kids together!