"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Apr 16, 2008

Reflecting back on the day Makenna was born

I have been reflecting back to the day Makenna was born a lot lately. I wanted to post some pictures of her when she was born so I could remember how tiny she was. Makenna only weighed 6 lbs 9 oz and seemed so small compared to my other girls who were both 7 1/2 lbs. I had am emergency C-section with Makenna and it was such a scary day. I remember when she was placed into my arms for the first time, the love I had for her was so great. She was warm and smelled so good, a brand new baby from heaven. I was the luckiest person alive at that moment. I have such a struggle throughout my pregnancies and nightmare deliveries, it seems like it takes me years to get those tiny miracles here. But I just keep doing it for many reasons, but one being it is a time that I feel so close to the spirit, like he is in the room right next to me. I have felt the Lord by my side at each one of the deliveries of my babies, what a comforting feeling that is. I know he has never left me alone during those frightful times in my life. I know that he sends these special spirits to me and on that day kisses them goodbye and lets me have them to love and to raise. I feel so honored to have been given that job. I will always remember the day my babies were born, it will linger in my heart forever. I want to make it a tradition to write about the day they were born on their birthdays and post pictures of them so tiny so I will never forget. I sure love my baby girls.

15 comments:

JANEAL said...

I love all her dark hair....what a cutie! Aren't babies the best? I just love that new baby smell.

J-Babe said...

That is so precious Natalie:) They are so worth all the trouble in getting them here huh? She seems like a sweet lkittle girl ,maybe one day I can actually meet her.

Unknown said...

the spirit is so strong around babies...it is impossible to not feel it when they enter the world! Amazing we can be put through what we are and still feel the spirit so strongly! Cute, cute pictures!

Holly said...

oh man, I could cry just reading your sweet sweet post! She was a beautiful baby and is turning into a beautiful little girl! :)

Jaime said...

Hey Natalie my sister sent me this site about printing your blog, thought you would be intrested.

http://blogger.sharedbook.com/

Nichelle said...

What a cutie! I think that every mother would agree that it is worth everything we have to go through to get them here. I hope she had a happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

She was a DARLING baby! Sorry to hear you have such struggles, but we all know they are worth it. And again, cute cute baby!

Chris and Monika said...

She was so tiny. Adorable!

Head Over Hills said...

She is such a beautiful baby! Those are the sweetest pictures. I love that you took time to remember her birth on her birthday. It's amazing what mom's have to do sometimes to get babies here. But they are so worth it.

Brenda said...

She's darling! Those pictures are beautiful! Can't believe how fast a year goes by!!!

Unknown said...

Very well written!!
All of us would agree that having babies can be the most spiritual moments. I love hearing them cry for the first time and holding them in my arms. I am also very thankful for the opportunity to be a mother!

Judy said...

Natalie,
Wow it's hard to believe that it has been a year since she was born. I loved holding her that day while you were in the hospital and taking care of the girls at your house. Time flies!!!! These are the best years of your life. Hope you are well.
Judy

Anonymous said...

Makennas b-bday cake was so so so so cute. Did you make it? If so I need you to teach me.

Anonymous said...

Don't get freaked out by that rod comment. It is from Brandi Simmons. I am on my sisters computr and forgot that it wouldn't publish my comment under my name.

SueAnn said...

What an angel! Babies are just so amazing!