"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Nov 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

I made our own Thanksgiving dinner this year and we stayed home together as a family and it was a beautiful day. Our dinner turned out so yummy and the day was perfect. I have so much to be thankful for and I think about these things often but Thanksgiving just reminds me of how much I have to be thankful for. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life and for the way I was raised and for all that I was taught as a young girl so that my foundation of my testimony could be so strong. I am thankful for my Savior and for all he did for me so that I can live again and have an eternal family. I am thankful for the temple and for the peace that I feel when I go there, at times that peace has given me just what I have needed to keep going and has provided me with answers to so many prayers. I am thankful for my family and for all they do for me and for the way they love me unconditionally and for the way they love my children. I am thankful for my husband and for all he does for our family and for the way he never gives up on himself or us. I am thankful for my beautiful children and the sweet spirit they bring into my home. I am so thankful to be a Mom, it is all I have ever wanted and it is the most wonderful thing in the world. I am forever thankful for good friends who pick me up when I am down and help me along this rough rocky road of a life. I am thankful for this beautiful free land that I live in and for my home and the food that is always put on the table. I am thankful for my health and my strength that the Lord gives me daily to be able to care for my children and to keep going every day. I have much more to be thankful for but those are some of my greatest blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!

DSC_1700DSC_1693DSC_1699DSC_1695DSC_1708IMG_4872DSC_1710DSC_1724DSC_1723DSC_1729DSC_1725DSC_1726DSC_1728

DSC_1730

No comments: