"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jul 18, 2010

Grandma Ruth Marie Williams

Grandma Williams went back to heaven on July 6, 2010. She was 90 years old and she lived a beautiful life and left beautiful memories for all of us. I loved Josh's Grandma from the moment I met her, she was always so kind to me. It wasn't very long after I met her that I started calling her Grandma. I will miss her so much. We had such a special day for her and I am sure she was so proud. She loved everyone and taught us how to love everyone. When I left the church after everything was done and I was walking to the car, I felt her grab my arm and say "Thank you ,thank you, thank you, my dear" She use to always say that to me and I know that was her by my side.




She loved chickens and spent most of her life raising chickens on the farm.

We all put our hand prints on this piece of fabric with our names.


We all wore purple because it was her favorite color.







Picking flowers from her beautiful flower arrangement












Can you see the hands of my little ones waving to me?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry about your loss. My Dad went to her funeral because he grew up in Ucon and knew her well. I guess he was pretty good friends with Josh's uncle when they were kids. He said that it was a nice funeral and that it was cool to see the tractor take her casket.

Judy said...

Oh Natalie, I didn't hear. I would have went to her funeral. I have known her all my life. So sorry to hear about your loss!

Pitcherfam4 said...

I am sorry to hear about Josh's grandma. Josh's grandma also passed away this week and I am in the process of adding a post to our blog. I probably didn't know Josh's grandma near as well as you knew your Josh's grandma but what I did know made her a wonderful woman.

Lynn said...

What a beautiful tribute and post about Josh's grandma. You are the sweetest. I bet she smiles down from Heaven on your little family.

I love that everyone participated in a collective way. The color purple, the hand prints, everything. What a great family Josh has.