"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I am so lucky to have a Mom and a sister. If it weren't for them I would probably never get remembered on my favorite holidays. I know someday when my girls are older they will remember me and they will show me how much they love me, until then my sweet sister and my Mom take pretty good care of me. Sometimes I think my husband is on a different planet :) I only have one sister and she is so great she gave me a really special card and it meant so much to me. Katie always looks out for me and is one of my best friends. Thank You Katie!

I couldn't get a very good picture but the front of the card says "Bet your kids feel pretty lucky having you for a mom..." My sister tells me that all the time. She is so nice! My Mom gave me this fun book about Mom's and it has recipes in it. She also gave me a really nice card. Thank you Mom I am lucky to have you :)
The kids had fun feeding the horses and Uncle Jesse was so nice to teach them how to put their fingers out straight so their hand would stay flat so they didn't get their fingers eaten! The kids all love Uncle Jesse! We had a very fun Mother's Day.

Look at all those little people! Maddy, Jani, Kynzee, Jaden, and Alyssa they are such good buddies! And we are missing 6 other cousins. It's hard to get a picture with everyone.

Grandma and Makenna

9 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like you had a fun Mothers Day with the family! I know how you feel about Mothers Day and husbands being on a different planet, this was the first year that Jeremy has actually gotten me something...oh wait I still don't have it, but he says I'm getting something!I might only be because I dropped hints for DAYS though, but hopefully it will happen!

Jaime said...

That is great you had a good Mothers day. I have to agree sisters are really awesome! That is really neat that she gave you that card!

Anonymous said...

Natalie, I love what you wrote on a previouse post about being a mom. You are such a sweet caring person who has such a positive outlook on everything!! I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day.

Brenda said...

Your kids are truly lucky to have you for a mom!!! You are such a good role model for me! And about Mothers Day, I think it was planned so that Mothers Day, was always before Fathers Day, so we could judge how much our husband actually deserved for Fathers DAy!!! Ha Ha!!!

Nichelle said...

I am glad you had a great Mothers Day. I think that your girls are so lucky to have you. You are such a good Mom. I know what you mean about sisters too, they are the best.

Fullmer Days said...

Natalie~ We wanted to wish you a happy mothers day! We love you and apreciate all you do for us. We miss all of you, and miss sharing our everyday life with you! Mindy

Elena said...

I honestly swear that's my grandma's car in the picture with the little colt! Too funny. (Did you take these on Mother's Day?) I love that little baby horse. I point it out to my kids evey time I drive to my folks'. Happy late mother's day to you.

Pitcherfam4 said...

What a fun Mothers Day that looks like. You are surrounded by sooooo many little nieces and nephews that there has got to be lots of excitement all the time. You are a great mom and your little girls adore the crap out of you. Thanks for staying so close our whole lives Nat. It means alot to me.

Camille said...

Your mom is so beautiful. I have always thought that. I hear you on the Mother's Day thing! Although, I have to say, Paul finally made me feel so special this Mother's Day. It was a nice change! I hope this is a new pattern for years to come!