"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Mar 26, 2008

Easter Day

Don't you just love Easter? I sure do and I know my kids do. Not only does Easter leave us with a wonderful message of our Savior and what he did for us, but I feel like it brings our families closer together, like many other holidays do. We had a wonderful Easter. Josh had to work all day so when we woke up it was just the girls and I. Kynzee woke up first to find that the "Bunny" had come. She was very excited and she looked at her strawberry shortcake pony that the "Bunny" brought and then she looked at Maddy's (both alike except for the color) well i could tell by the look on Kynzee's face that there was something wrong. I left her to go wake Maddy up so we could make it to church on time. I wasn't gone for more than 2 minutes and I went to show Maddy what the Bunny had brought and my sweet little Kynzee had switched the ponies. Maddy's pink pony was now by Kynzee's basket and Kynzee's red pony was by Maddy's. I was laughing so hard inside but i just let it be and Maddy didn't know any different. Kynzee immediately said "Maddy do you love your pony?" and she kept saying it over and over. It was so funny! We then went to church and the girls learned so much I was amazed. When Maddy started giving me the details about our Savior and how he died for us I was so grateful for her and for the spirit that she brings into our home. And also so grateful for the good teachers who teach her all that she knows. We came home from church and I made dinner for my family and we ate and had an Easter egg hunt in my house. The kids had so much fun. I have to say we were missing Grandma who was in Illinois with my brother and his family. All of the kids noticed Grandma was not there and they missed her very much. Overall we had a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Nichelle said...

It looks like you guys had a great Easter. I am with you I love all holidays and the way they brings your family closer together. It is so fun to be able to have family get togethers and let the kids play with their cousins.

J-Babe said...

I love the easter baskets! DId you make them??

Becky said...

Where did you get those adorable baskets? It looks like you all had a great time!

Camille said...

That is so funny that she switched ponies, and was so concerned that her sister was happy with hers! What cute sisters!

Natalie♥ said...

I got Easter baskets from potterybarn.com last year, they come out with new ones every year, and they go on sale after Easter.