"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Feb 19, 2008

I am thankful for so much


Today I am feeling very thankful for many things in my life. I am so thankful for my little girls and the joy that they bring into my life. Their tiny spirits radiate a thousand miles in my heart. I truly do love them and am so blessed to have been given them. The Lord was so kind and loving when he made the choice to let me have them. I will forever be thankful for them. I am also so thankful for my hubby, my best friend. We have been through so much together and in the end it is him who is always left standing at my side. I am thankful to be able to stay home and raise my children and it is because of him that I get to do that. I treasure the memories I have with him, and I am grateful to call him My Best Friend! Family is another one of my thankfuls in my life. I couldn't do what I do without family. I love to spend time with family. I have been blessed to have so many family members so close to me and they give so freely. Having a big family with lots of little ones always running around is what I call joy in my life. Holidays, Reunions, and birthday parties are things that I look forward to because I get to see family members and spend happy moments with them. I am thankful for family! I will be forever thankful for good friends who pick me up when I am down. A favorite quote of mine reads "Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same." I feel this way about my friends. I am thankful for them. There are lots of other things I am thankful for but one of my most treasured is the gospel, my Heavenly Father, and the atonement. What a gift I have been given that I hold so dear and that I am so thankful for. My parents taught me so well and I will be forever thankful for the knowledge that I have been given from them. I was raised in the gospel and the Lord blessed me. I am thankful for so much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nat, your an amazing woman and a fabulous mother. I miss you guys!!

Love Ya!

Becky said...

I love your posts! I got on today and the music made me jump, totally wasn't expecting that! It is amazing just how blessed we are sometimes!

Anonymous said...

Natalie, you are so sweet and strong. I want to be more like you!

Anonymous said...

Natalie, I got it to work! I love your little family. Its so dang cute! We need to get to know eachother better, We should go to lunch:)! & of course your little girls too!! TTYL!