"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jan 8, 2012

Maddy’s 1st Basketball Game

I was so hesitant to put Maddy in basketball this year. Maddy has never played basketball before but she has asked about playing. Her tee ball coach had called to ask me if I would put her on the basketball team that he was putting together  this year. I knew I had a lot on my plate with being pregnant and not feeling well, and having my thyroid levels so messed up have made me so tired I didn’t know how I could possibly take on one more thing. But when the coach came to my door to have me sign the paper and Maddy was standing there  I couldn’t say no. I even thought so many times that I should call him back and tell him she couldn’t do it but really it was me who couldn’t do it. I finally decided it was only 8 weeks and I would survive. I have since then talked myself into it being okay so we will see how the next 8 weeks goes. Maddy has been excited about basketball from day one, she loves it!! She goes to practice twice a week and has so much fun. She comes home absolutely exhausted and is ready for bed but then when practice comes the next day that week she is ready for more and can’t wait to go. She was so excited about her first game she had to make sure everyone knew about it so they could come watch her. I have not been to any of the practices so I have never seen her play so it was so fun for me to go watch her game. I loved it and it was so entertaining!! It was nothing like watching a tee ball game that’s for sure, tee ball is so much more relaxing. There team is all girls and they are all so cute and so fun to watch. I think it will be a fun 8 weeks for them. They are lucky to have such nice coaches who are so patient and sweet to them. I know these pictures are very hard to see, the next game I will for sure bring my nicer camera.

IMG_0636IMG_0634IMG_0633IMG_0630IMG_0635IMG_0637

2 comments:

Kate said...

She is so cute! She is going to make a great bball player...even with a cast!

SueAnn said...

It was so fun to watch them play! If you need help getting her to or from practice we can help you out anytime!!