"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Dec 30, 2011

Christmas Pictures

My sweet husband gave me one of these for Christmas …Nikon 24-70 mm lens!!! I was so excited because I have been renting one for quite a few of the pictures I have taken and then the rental shop closed down. He gave it to me early because I had lots of pictures to take for people and I was so disappointed that I couldn’t rent it anymore. So I had a really fun time for the months of November and December taking pictures with my new lens.AF_S_24_70_l

So I decided I would try to get some Christmas pictures of my kids with their new Christmas dresses and clothes. I have to say this was the hardest session I have ever had. I think it is easier for me to have someone else take my own kids pictures, it’s not as stressful for me. My little guy would not cooperate at all and he was being a stinker!! My girls have always been really good at letting me take their pictures but Jaxon…not so much!!! We need more practice with him I guess!! He is at an age where he does not want to sit still for the camera that’s for sure. I am still practicing with this lens and my camera, but it is so fun for me when I get a chance. Life is busy so I don’t have lots of time to take pictures but this day with my own kids was sure a lot of fun!! There is so much different personality in every picture that I took, I love so many of them just because they are so different. I love these cute kids that call me Mommy!!!

DSC_7119DSC_7643DSC_7142DSC_7383DSC_7434DSC_7245DSC_7247DSC_7261DSC_7321DSC_7449DSC_7456DSC_7485-2DSC_7557DSC_7564DSC_7143DSC_7152DSC_7250DSC_7283DSC_7324DSC_7544DSC_7565DSC_7619

I had to add this picture in….this little boy loved his sisters sparkly red shoes!!!

DSC_7634

5 comments:

Amber said...

Very cute pictures! I love that lens!!!

Pitcherfam4 said...

Those are wonderful pictures. What made you pick that lens size? My favorite pic of all is the last one. I love all the bright red shoes and little Jaxon checking them out.

Becky said...

Great pictures! I love the one of Jaxon with the bell in his mouth! Hilarious!

Peterson Family said...

Nat, come on, my children don't cooperate. I don't have one picture of the girls since October together. I was just telling Mark tonight I don't know what more to do.. I really need to have you get some for me. If yours look this good, then mine should too right?!

Unknown said...

Oh Natalie you have the very thing that I have been coveting over. Love love love that lens. Your photos are amazing, you've really come a long way.