"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B. Hinckley

Jun 17, 2008

Nate and Mindy are coming home!!

Our trip to Illinois






Some of you might not know but a year ago Josh and I took our three little girls and packed up in the truck with a trailer behind us, with all of my brother and his families belongings in it, including his truck and moved them across the country to Macomb, Illinois. They took their three little boys and moved over there to take a job that my brother had been offered. It was so hard for them and hard for us to see them go. Mindy was one of my really good friends I could talk to her about anything and we always had a good time together. I have missed being able to have her close and talk to her. It has been a long year for me and for my kids without them. The girls will never forget the journey we took over there driving all day for two and half days straight. It was a long hot trip especially with a new baby, but we wanted to help them move and be there to say goodbye. The girls didn't understand why we dropped them off there and why they never get to see their cousins. Well the day has finally come, we got a phone call yesterday telling us that they are on there way back. They have there fourth baby on the way and Mindy has to have surgery so they need family. My brother Nathan got a job in Jefferson County, truly a blessing for there family. The best part about it is they will be living with me. We are finishing our basement for them and they will be staying here until they can get settled and find a house or build a house. We are so excited to have them in our home. Mindy's baby girl is due in September and I cannot wait to have a new baby in my home. You all know that I just love babies. I started a blog so I could share my life with Mindy so far away from home and she started one also, now I will get to have her right in my home. I told Mindy that I would keep them updated on the basement and post pictures. We have been slacking on the basement because we didn't think it would happen this fast, so now we have to get moving because we only have a month, so for now here are the pictures. Can't wait to see you Nate, Mindy, Max, Charlie, Ashton and new baby girl!!!! Don't be afraid of the pictures, I promise it will be done by the time you get here we have everyone lined out!!!! :) :)

Here is the tub!


This is the kitchen we are making in the corner of the family room, it will have a bar, microwave, sink, and fridge, and a desk for a computer.


This is the family room, I know it is kind of a mess but it will be a nice big room when it is done.These are two little windows that are part of the playhouse we are building under the stairway. There will actually be three little windows and a little door.


(Very fun for the little ones to play in)


This is one of the bedrooms, there are 4 bedrooms, not done with sheetrock yet, it will be done this week!!

14 comments:

Fullmer Days said...

Natalie- i've missed your friendship also, i can't believe we will be living under the same roof! It is going to be so fun. I wanted to thank you for all you are doing for us, without you, this could not be possible! I love and apreciate you in so many ways, thanks so much! We can't wait tell were in your beatiful home, thanks for sharing it with us! Mindy

Head Over Hills said...

I'm excited for you to have your family and best friend come back. What a neat relationship you guys have. Good luck getting the basement done. It looks like a huge project but it will be so nice when it is done.

Unknown said...

Wow, can I live there when they move out? It sounds great :)j/k! How wonderful to have your family moving back! And good luck with the basement, it looks like a lot of work mixed with a lot of LOVE!!

J-Babe said...

Yeah I agree with Calise, I want to live there too! Sounds like it will be awesome! It will be nice to have that done and have your friends back!

Elena said...

Wow, LOTS of work for you! We finished our basement last fall. Well almost finished, still some touch up left. But no one is moving in with us, so here it sits waiting. Sounds like it will be great accomadations for them. Best of luck.

Amberlee said...

That's awesome that you are willing to open your home to your family. They are lucky to have you. Sounds like you'll be busy until they get here. It's no fun to have your brother living so far away (I know the feeling). I wish them a safe journey home!

Nichelle said...

That is so sweet of you to offer your home. You are one of the most generous people I know. You are so sweet! That will be so fun to have them here with you!

Pitcherfam4 said...

Nat- It will be so much fun for you to have someone around besides kids to have a conversation with. And your girls, and Nate's kids... WILD KINGDOM! Good thing they have lots of runnin' room. I am headed that way come Thursday. Will be camping with the fam till sunday then just hanging out for the rest of the week. I plan on comin' to see ya. Lyce

Robyn said...

Nat it'll be nice for your family to have Nate and the family back here. I won't be working with him this time but I'm sure Jess will keep me informed. Have a great summer and the girls are so darn cute.

Amber said...

I can't wait to meet them. Have you warned them about your crazy next door neighbors? Your basement is looking great. I am sure you will be glad to have it done.

Jessica said...

How fun! I'll be they are excited to see you too. I know I'm thankful to be back home with my family again. It is hard to be away but it was a blessing for us too.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous your basement will be done in a month! That is way nice of you to let them stay. Maybe you talk them into building in our ward!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment, have you ever heard that the different color labs have different personality? Do u think thats true? U had yellow ones growing up and now you have black? Much difference? Thanks again. HOpe all is well

HAPPY FULL-HOUSE said...

Can I come over and use the tub once in awhile.....It's a nice one!